Take This Waltz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Take This Waltz Reviews

July 26, 2016
totally depressing, seth proves he can do better and more than just comedies!!!! well done my mate!
June 3, 2016
Had real potential as a relationship drama, but is clumsily told, and full of pretentiousness. Doesn't fall apart completely - just when you think there is no hope for it, the movie has something semi-profound to say. Sadly, these moments are few and far between.

Good cast wasted. Michelle Williams' dramatic skills are evident in the first half of the movie but from a point, pretty much the same point as when the movie turns to sh*t, her performance becomes one of crying spells and distant stares. Seth Rogen and Sarah Silverman are great comedic actors but they hardly have a funny line between them. Rogen seemed out of his depth, and clumsy, in a romantic/dramatic role.

Disappointing.
½ May 8, 2016
L'amour qui échoue au quotidien est raconté tout en douceur et en lenteur dans TAKE THIS WALTZ. Une comédie romantique pas très comique sur le désir, les silences et les cassures qui se créent dans la routine. Michelle Williams y est resplendissante de vérité... J'en suis sortie le coeur à l'envers.
½ May 7, 2016
Grade: F. Terrible. I couldn't even finish the movie. After an hour of absolutely no progression I just couldn't take it anymore.
½ April 20, 2016
Kind of depressing drama starring Seth Rogan and Michelle Williams about a dysfunctional married couple
March 18, 2016
It's a tender story that is brought down by boring dialogue and characters who are too distant to be personal.
February 27, 2016
Poorly written for the most part. The development feels contrived and forced, and is a waste of Williams. But also contains a handful of exceptionally well shot and constructed scenes.
February 25, 2016
Treats the character's conflict a bit too lightly in a way that makes it less effective, but there are some really good scenes and surprising performances (mostly Seth Rogen).
February 21, 2016
Great photography, but the dialogue is so inane and the story so lacking in verisimilitude I can't justify rating it higher than 3/5
February 17, 2016
Despite its minor flaws, which includes a clumsy beginning that relies on many coincidences, this bittersweet drama surprisingly grows to become quite mature and revealing, making natural even the seemingly contrived relationship between the character and her husband.
February 5, 2016
Tässä leffassa oli sitä jotain... (y) <3
December 30, 2015
Well done. Really makes me think....
½ November 20, 2015
Any movie that isn't necessarily supposed to make you cry but does anyways is a win in my book.
November 16, 2015
A young wife in a stagnant marriage is excited by the possibility of romance with a stranger. Sarah Polley delivers a capable tale, told in warm colors and cool music, of awakening, forbidden love, if w/o anything truly different to bring to the table. Michelle Williams carries the thing almost solely with the use of her big eyes, although the rest of the cast is competent enough. Seth Rogan is good, too, and nowhere near as annoying as he usually is.
½ October 16, 2015
This movie sucked the life and soul right the fuck out of me, and made me want to yell at our television. A young woman is confused about what she wants out of life (all that I could discern from it, anyway) and tanks what looks like a loving marriage at the first sign that some other guy could be interested in her.

Maddening behavior from you female lead - this film drove me (and the wife as well) straight up the fucking wall.

Pass, unless you're into flighty, bad decision making.
October 15, 2015
Well directed and acted although at times I found the characters to be really irritatingly selfish and unlikable but overall, I enjoyed it.
September 15, 2015
Sweet, romantic, goofy, painful, hot and steamy, funny, intense, sad. All at once. A lot of emotion and what ifs and a lot of .... chicken. Sadly all through it I just saw the 40-year old virgin or knocked up-dork in my head when watching the husband.......
½ August 10, 2015
Sticks with you. intense. not happy.
July 26, 2015
I really liked this little independent film. It was pretty quirky and had some tremendous performances and was really impressed with Seth Rogen in serious and subtle role; Michelle Williams is amazing as almost always and she nails this role. I liked the music choices and really liked how the film was shot and liked the montage towards the end of the film. Overall I really liked this funny, sincere, and serious film and I was glad I finally got around to seeing it.