Teaching Mrs. Tingle Reviews

• Apr 15, 2019

it's okay for it's time, it feels like a few cliches thrown together but it works, there's a bit of suspense because of how far it actually went but the ending was satisfactory.

• Sep 15, 2018

A very underrated movie

A very underrated movie

• Jul 22, 2018

It's passable, but it's one of the lesser from the crop of the late 90s teen thrillers. But it's snappy, light viewing.

• Jul 13, 2016

With a twisted performance from Helen Mirren, it's a nail-biting black-comedy thriller with a terrific ending.

• Jul 04, 2015

Stay Away, Read The Book Killing Mr. Griffen....

Stay Away, Read The Book Killing Mr. Griffen....

• Sep 21, 2014

Let's face it. Kevin Williamson is never again going to reach the master status he achieved with "Scream". However, I can't believe all the bad reviews centered around his directorial debut "Teaching Mrs. Tingle". It doesn't have the same wit or thrills that "Scream" had, and it tends to be a bit predictable. But all three of the teens are likeable, and Helen Mirren is deliciously devilish as Mrs. Tingle.

• Aug 31, 2014

suffered all the way through this stupid movie just to watch the Jo character and helen Mirren only to have the last minute sliced off at the end. But then I thought, eh, WHO CARES?

• Jun 01, 2014

It's a potentially witty and clever story of the teacher we all love to hate that isn't thought of too much, but is mildly entertaining and laughable black comedy if you don't take it seriously as it's intended.

• Mar 28, 2014

While this is one of my guilty pleasures, primarily because Helen Mirren gives a wickedly over-the-top performance, I can admit that it's kind of terrible. I can't help but wonder what the end result would have been if Williamson got to make the movie he set out to make...because this can't possibly be it. Maybe there will be a Director's Cut someday.

• Nov 24, 2013

Katie Holmes, Marisa Coughlan and Barry Watson try to implicate one of their hardball teachers so she can't tell on them for cheating on one of the tests. However, things do not work as planned and things spiral out of control quickly. My biggest problem with the film is as it goes on, everything becomes less and less believable and the actions of the main characters don't make much sense. Interesting to see a young pre-Tom-Cruise Kaite, but otherwise, this film is largely a dud.