A Texas Funeral Reviews

• Sep 08, 2017

Great historical piece with extra spices. It must be seen.

Great historical piece with extra spices. It must be seen.

• Aug 14, 2017

This picturesque novel of a film had laughing and crying. This is an American movie. You want to understand Americans? This is them. Are you an American? Don't know much about your relatives? This is them. This is how it was, and this is the ones you just missed, the ones who are dying out right now and you haven't had the opportunity to get to know them. Or maybe you do know them, and think you're the only family like this. Either way, you'll find this movie resonates with your spirit in ways you are not going to want to admit unless you've had the Texas Funeral experience. If you have, this movie will be a big fat flax seed poultice on your wounds. If you haven't yet confronted and absorbed your American family's past, here's a taste of what you're in for when you do. Way better than average acting, fine filmcraft, visually entertaining, no lags.

• Jul 31, 2017

a little bit weird but worth watching.

a little bit weird but worth watching.

• Sep 19, 2012

This movie is not for just everyone. Texans will get it. So will camel lovers and women with ear fetishes.

• Jun 09, 2011

This is one of those small movies with lots of heart. Great cast. Eccentric, Southern characters.

• Jan 03, 2011

A quirky drama centered around a funeral, camel herding, and a family's bizzare ear-fetish.

• Oct 29, 2009

This is really a weird one... but still enjoyable, the way the story is pieced together. And what's with the Whits men's ears? Sheesh...

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Oct 16, 2009

I cant believe it but I kinda enjoyed this movie

I cant believe it but I kinda enjoyed this movie

• Aug 06, 2009

I love camels! I love this movie! Joanne Whally Kilmer is missing from the credits here as well as on her page! This is a dark and delicious drama...again not for the faint of heart! References the little known fact that for a brief time in our history, the military attempted to utilize camels!

• Mar 22, 2009