The Thing That Couldn't Die Reviews

• Aug 30, 2015

1958â??s The Thing that Couldnâ??t Die was part of this brief outpouring of eccentricity, combining psychic powers, Satanism, and an evil, living mummy head into a flick that is simply too weird to turn away from.

• Aug 01, 2013

Cue a movie where none of the plot details or backstory make any sense and all of the characters are void of anything remotely useful in order to like their characters. The Thing That Couldn't Die is a pretty boring affair of a movie. The plot involves a seventeenth century warlock being resurrected after having been beheaded and having his head buried in a box and separated from his body. I would have just chopped him up, burned the remainder and scattered the ashes on holy ground if you wanted to get rid of him... but I digress. The plot involves a farming family who accidentally resurrects him and he takes control of them one by one to do his evil bidding before coming back together again to do, something, I guess. Anyways, it's a terrible movie, and unless you watch the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version, you probably won't get very much out of it at all. It would most likely be just a boring sit-through otherwise.

• Mar 30, 2013

Slowly paced and dissatisfying. Bland characters, confusing plot elements, and a quick pointless ending. Makes a good watch on MST3K, but otherwise a boring viewing experience.

• Aug 05, 2012

This movie couldn't fail more at holding the audience's attention. The movie forgoes any character development or backstory. There's a girl with some powers of divination that the other characters may or may not believe in. We're never sure of any of the characters relations to each other. It thrusts us straight into its plodding plot and expects us to tolerate its painfully slow pace. Nothing exciting ever happens. In fact, nothing ever really happens, in part because things are happening to these characters we really don't know or care about.

• Sep 03, 2011

Hilariously stupid. A terrific MST3K episode.

Hilariously stupid. A terrific MST3K episode.

• Mar 21, 2010

When people complain that today's movies aren't as good as the old classics point them to this turd & tell them to shut the fuck up. Unintentional sexual innuendo are the only thing that get a laugh.

• Nov 21, 2008

The Best Film of 1958 and does anyone know where I can find it on DVD?

The Best Film of 1958 and does anyone know where I can find it on DVD?

• Mar 19, 2008

The guy playing the head was pretty creepy with the BIG eyes and all... and call me crazy but there's something really quietly sexual about this film... not sure what though. Everything from the lesbian tension in the many bedroom scenes, to the unnecessary peeping-Tom bit and the final shot being a close-up some gal's cleavage... Stupid and slow. Bad acting, bad script, blah blah blah. All that's to be expected from a film with such a title.

• Mar 19, 2008

Another 50's cheeseball. Nothing to recommend here.

Another 50's cheeseball. Nothing to recommend here.

• Dec 18, 2007

What a bad movie! If you must watch it, see the MST3K version.

What a bad movie! If you must watch it, see the MST3K version.