The Bad Batch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bad Batch Reviews

½ January 16, 2018
When we see we get out of one shit to end up in another shit have our life literally ripped apart from us when all we are left with is shit. When what we remember how life is shit in other places we wish not to return to the same shit to to only enjoy other shit in other places. When what little there is to do in such places we make the most of our second chance in shitier places. When we can make shit, live with shit, protect our shit, enjoy our shit, reuse shit, play with shit, discard shit, runaway from shit, find shit, fight for shit, eat shit, make due with the little shit we have, and salvage as much shit in a cart to see what you can carry or leave behind. When what life others make of shit, they see they make shit their business to give others a life not to think about shit. When we see that when there is nothing to worry about shit when your to busy doing shit to care. When what others do with their shit is there business to only make a future plan out of shit. When what shit we couldn't find in one place but see in another we see that we are spending shit together with those who we grown to like their shitty life. When what life others choose we see that such dreams can turn into shit, to make a new life that see everything as shit to live on when life is shit. When what shit is left to do when all our shit is gone to only be shit or make the most of the shit life you have before it's gone.
January 8, 2018
Plotline? Never could figure it out. Confused about that wall thing where heroine (?) of story could just wander in and out at will - some sections seemed to be guarded, but not that door where she steps out to wander. Oh, but since semi-leader of cannibal gang is hunky, she's up for hanging out with him, even though his ex-wife chopped off her arm and leg. (and why did they do that instead of just killing/cooking one body at a time? know it can be done - hunky guy did kill and cook one that begged for mercy)
December 30, 2017
It's not for everyone, but this is a bleak and often fascinating film. Very contemplative and artsy, the film has a vague premise and doesn't always delve as deep as it could have. But the experience is an intriguing one and it's worth checking out. The first act is particularly brutal but the humanity of the film ultimately prevails.
December 28, 2017
A visually interesting film with some great scenes and special effects. The desire to create a dystopian atmosphere left many questions about how this approach to criminal punishment evolved. Arien appears to be a teen whose crime or crimes could in no way compare to those which sent Miami Man to the desert. This viewer was left with a tremendous sense of dys-justice and confusion given the extensive resources available in Comfort vs. the cannibalistic existence of those surviving on human flesh elsewhere. Thus it fills almost two hours of film with 15 minutes of story.
Len
½ December 25, 2017
I think people are missing so much of the symbolism and meaning behind what they superficially chalk up to be bad directing and acting. This film goes so much deeper than what is initially seen. A futuristic movie that seems more like the world moved backwards and have had to return to barbaric means to survive. Why did the Miami Man sound like a poorly speaking caveman who is better understood by grunts than smooth speech. The king of the outcasts OF the outcast. Jim Carey shows him you can survive in their wretched conditions without having to be a cannibal. That there's always someone who raises themselves above the others and there's always someone worse of than the worst! That humans have to learn to survive, adapt, reproduce, repeat, against all odds. The little girl was shown a "different" world and forces her father to see there's room for growth and alternatives to what was seen as the only way to survive. She's happy to see him and he has to remind her that the conditions they live in aren't conducive to feeding a rabbit, rather the rabbit is food. The girl has a strong sense of not wanting to conform, an ability to forgive and see past what life decisions were made in attempts to survive. She's willing to work with him but clearly with alternattive ways of surviving. I was a bit weirded out at first and wondered why these actors did this movie so I questioned the directors choices more and looked at their acting and find it more purposeful than people give credit for. There's definitely a connection to the characters but it's so hard to do bc no one likes to see themselves as inhuman, barbaric, simple, poor speech, few words, knuckle dragging, primitive. It takes a bit to move along but I think it also gives you time to reflect anc question and deal with the complexity of the interactions, past the superficial acting.
½ December 16, 2017
I fell asleep and now I'm kinda hungry for rabbit or a nibble of human hand.
December 5, 2017
Tons of potential with this movie. Great cast too, but the story drags. It almost feels like this movie was a precursor to a series. There are so many unanswered questions and potential side plot lines and unfinished business. I gave it two stars, but if they were to make a sequel, I would absolutely watch it in hopes for some sort of better resolution.
December 4, 2017
I waited to watch this movie based on the reviews posted on Rotten Tomatoes but I was pleasantly surprised. This was a great movie. I would recommend this movie. I was never bored, loved the acting and characters. People are dumb in general so I understand how most individuals would not appreciate this film however I still recommend that dumb people watch the Bad Batch.
December 3, 2017
The United States decides to put all its useless, lay-about, criminal, and unwanted members of society inside a giant chain link fence. Then they start doing really nasty things to each other. This writer/director needs to make more films.
½ December 2, 2017
And then there's The Bad Batch. It opens fantastically, with a beautiful tableau of desolation at the gates of a sort-of desert open-air prison, where the undesirables among us are left to their own devices, and each others. The movie never tops its opening moments but constantly tries to, with occasional beautiful shots and a bonkers mute Jim Carrey performance being overshadowed by narrative incoherence and auteur touches that go from eye-rolling to motion-sickness inducing. The movie's greatest sin, however, is its treatment of the central relationship of listless Arlen and the cannibalistic Miami Man, which is not sold nearly well enough to justify its resolution point. The concept is there, and the set design is killer, but The Bad Batch doesn't work for either genre thrills or arthouse pontifications.
½ December 1, 2017
Gruelingly slow. Picked it up because of Keanu... what was he thinking with this one.
½ December 1, 2017
I couldn't explain to you with any coherence why I liked it, but then the movie itself isn't terribly clear or coherent in what it's saying. I just... know I liked it. Must be the technical execution of it. And finding it at the right time, when I really felt like steeping in a slow-moving upturned world with all normality thrown out the window.
November 28, 2017
Dystopian dysfunctional dissatisfying dissappointment of a movie. This flik almost made it on the hump for being interesting.
½ November 24, 2017
Wtf did i just watch....
½ November 21, 2017
Interesting setting but doesn't present a interesting story.
½ November 12, 2017
easily the worst movie I've seen this year maybe last couple. I would give this a 0.25/5 stars but I can't which they should change on here. only thing Remotely watchable on this was cinematography for the most part.

every thing else is boring, bland and bad acted. why the Fu** was Jim Carrey in this only reason I wanted to watch movie and didn't even talk in this. and was in it for maybe 4 minutes. keanu Reuves why why do this stupid movie and horribly stupid part. talking about where your shit goes when you flush it lol embarrassingly awful.

And the main woman character of this Quote on quote " story". she seems like a nice actress and person but she was dull and boring with no emotion I hope she is never a lead again.

so yeah the story is terrible and please don't waste your life with this movie seriously.
½ November 11, 2017
The fuck?
Actually: it's like one of those visits to a modern art museum where you're just like "the fuck?" the whole time.
However, while those are enjoyable this is just weird.
November 11, 2017
The Bad Batch is a film directed by Ana Lily Amirpour and stars both Suki Waterhouse (Arlen) and Jason Momoa (Miami Man). Arlen is dumped into a hostile desert wasteland and that is separated from the rest of society. Once in exile she has to fight to survive in a world in which there are man eating people.
The film is a very dark but surprisingly enjoyable with excellent visuals and a killer score. However, the film seems a little bit too long in parts and gives of the impression that the story is being stretched too much to fill in a 115-minute run time.
November 8, 2017
This film was written for mentally handicapped idiots. There wasn't one single original idea in the entire film. I honestly think that the only people who liked it did so because they relate to boring, unrealistic, entitled scum. It wasn't shocking, it was boring, almost consistently. There were huge gap in logic and time that made zero sense. There was no a to b to c. It just jumped to her having a free leg, a free gun, free food, free housing with electricity, in what was essentially supposed to be a desert wasteland. I have to admit it seemed very millennial. Such a struggle to have everything handed to you and constantly waste it all and toss it all away. The traditional values of scum. Like I said, I think some audience members relate. Sure she has some stuff cut off, because apparently if you are tough enough to get tossed out of society you have zero street smarts and start putting on lipstick, instead of hiding, looking for food and water, and making weapons. My mom thought this was tap water boring. We only watched it to the end to see just how stupid it was going to get. If you have a brain in your head you will know exactly what will happen next because, even with the pretend wows, it's extremely predictable. The only thing that makes it less predictable is the fact that you think the writing can't possibly be that stupid. We guessed the ending twenty minutes in. This was a huge waste of money, effort, actors. I say actors but there was zero acting in this. People said lines. That's about it. We wondered if most of the scenes were made up by the actors on the spot. This film was absolute boring trash. If you liked this movie then you are either lying, or an extremely easily amused, simple minded human being. Where were people getting all the free drugs, electricity, hotels, food, gas, bullets, ect. It not only made no sense, it was so pointless, and the characters were so unlikable that I don't see how anyone could care. When is the little girl gonna tell Daddy that that gimp shot real mommy. Lol. If you liked this film then I honestly hate you.