The Christmas Candle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Christmas Candle Reviews

December 1, 2016
So-so script that appears to viewers that enjoy simplicity in movies. The British settings are great and photography good.
November 6, 2016
This looks great! Advertised heavily on TBN so it must be terrific! Can't wait woohoo!
½ December 30, 2015
Nice little Christmas movie..
December 11, 2015
Absolutely phenomenal movie. Susan Boyle is great as are all the actors. The old English setting adds so much to the magical Christmas story. Sorry it took me two years to find the time to watch it.
June 28, 2015
Loved it! It gave me a Christmas feel.
February 2, 2015
A charming Christmas movie
December 24, 2014
Perfect Christmas Eve movie! Providential!
½ December 20, 2014
Fairly interesting modern christmas fairytale.
December 9, 2014
Must see film for everyone !
November 8, 2014
loved this movie! I can't wait to see it again!
February 28, 2014
Awesome Christmas movie. I went to see it with a group of 20 people on 42nd Street in Manhattan.
½ January 12, 2014
This movie seems inspiring but don't be fooled because this movie looks like it has a great moral but it doesn't. BUT the worst thing isn't the acting, or the lame effects, the weird costumes, the bad jokes, It's the story!
In other words LAME
½ January 10, 2014
The plot eh.....
So, so
The 1800's eye candy amazing the best part of it!
January 4, 2014
This movie should become a Christmas Classic. Powerful storyline that should be in the same grouping with Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life.
January 2, 2014
seems like I'd enjoy it , old fashioned
December 28, 2013
Cute. But the book is much, much better.
December 21, 2013
Please bring more of thrse wholesome movies to the screen! America needs morals and sensitivity in our families, churches and communities. Thank you fot showing the awesome movie on the MD Gulf Coast.
December 18, 2013
Enjoyable primarily in its unintended humor. A nice story that is neither theologically nor historically accurate and doesn't quite to care that it isn't.
December 17, 2013
I loved it!!! I think it will be a classic similar to "It's a Wonderful Life"
December 16, 2013
The Christmas Candle is an uneven Christmas tale with good intentions.I found it a big surprise that a film like this would come to the big screen at all. It looks pretty, the cast is mostly good, (aside from Susan Boyle who has the acting chops of a candlestick). The themes are nice, but the way they are presented didn't flow for me. I felt unfulfilled at the end. Aside from a one or two emotionally developed scenes, this film is rather lackluster in terms of screenplay.

But this is not why I saw it. I saw it for one thing only, and that was Samantha Barks. She doesn't get a lot of screen time, but when she's present she glows. I can't wait to see where she will go.

Celebrity crush aside, The Christmas Candle is a nice family film, that will probably be taken in by local Sunday schools. It wasn't my cup of tea, and I probably will never revisit it, but depending on your personal state of spirituality, you may find something to grasp on to. I watched this with my mom and some of the later scenes made for some water works, but I don't think that had much to do with the movie itself.

Overall, it is probably the least satisfying movie experience I had in the theater all year. Not that the message wasn't a good one, but because both the aesthetics and script were lacking. I can't really recommend this The Christmas Candle. If you want to bring your family to the theaters this week see Frozen instead. If you have already seen it, see it again.