The Darkest Minds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Darkest Minds Reviews

½ November 13, 2018
Starts okay, looks like it could be interesting, but does not stay that way. Very, very predictable, which could be said of many movies I suppose. This just seems like a computer was fed the plot points of various dystopian teen novels and produced... this. I saw the tag line that it was from the producers of Stranger Things and Arrival, both of which I enjoyed, and it suckered me in. Oh well.
November 12, 2018
This is an amazing movie I would 100% recommend this to everyone!!
November 12, 2018
Looooooved it! Definitely deserves a sequel or two!!
November 12, 2018
Her ten year old self was quite smarter. Come on, she should have just compelled her friends to join d resistance
November 11, 2018
This movie was amaaazziziiiiingg
½ November 11, 2018
The plot is without fault, the performances touching, in my mind it's more entertaining than most young adults sci-fi dystopian flicks most notably The Hunger Games which is senseless. I hopr there will be a sequel.
November 11, 2018
Okay I just finished watching this science fiction movies. I heard it was adapted from a book, but I haven't read the book yet. I enjoy this another dystopian future story at the begin, until it come to the ending, I really hate the ending!! I guarantee most people disappointed for the ending. And i still don't get some circumstances such as the reason of her parents suddenly forget her. Overall, the actors was so good, they play the role as good and able to create their chemistry by the different characters they had. I see there are very high range between audience score and tomatometer from the critics. Just watch it by your own self guys
November 10, 2018
This was WAY better than I expected! Great story and kept my interest throughout the entire movie! Highly recommend!
November 10, 2018
Loved this movie! Very sad to see not many did. I am ordering the books
November 10, 2018
One of the most accurate teen book to movie adaptations I've seen. As a reader, there is nothing worse than seeing a book you love become unrecognizable on screen. I was not disapointed.
November 9, 2018
Good movie, has an under lying message we should all learn
November 7, 2018
I love this movie to bits. But I was so sad that I found they might not be making a second movie. I love how it ended. I was like oh that means they are gonna make a second one. But I was so let down. If the critics don't like it fine they don't have to watch it. But aren't the movies for the people and not for the people who just rate them poorly. Make a second one for the people. Because most people really love this movie. Me especially. I have been waiting to see this movie since I saw the trailer. And I enjoyed it even more than I knew I would. I loved it. And alot of other people love it as well. So don't ruin it for everyone just because the critics don't like it. it's not for them it's for us, the people. Same with other movies like Percy Jackson. A lot of people really want this movies in the next stop why can't we see the next one was the next one just because critics don't like them they don't have to watch it. and I really hope a lot of people are looking into consideration of the of the real people who watch the movies and not just the critics because maybe the critics don't know what to talk about. a lot of people are begging for a second movie maybe I'm disturb but please don't consider trust the critics consider the people to cuz of people are the ones you really watch the movies. I have saw a lot of people in the other comments begging for a second one also please it would really mean a lot to us and onto movies for us anyway.
November 5, 2018
I LOVED this movie, it was such a cute movie!

Apparently, critics who review movies are very out of touch with the people they are criticizing the movies for. They think that demonic, sexualized, and disturbing movies with bad acting are good. But they just are not. If I have learned anything it is that if a critic says a movie is bad it Is actually amazing and vice versa.They just are not in touch with reality or people not within their society group and are most likely being paid off. This movie was great, gives you drama, age appropriate romance, and good friendship and togetherness themes. The acting was pretty good and the funny black friend was funny and endearing. I am BEYOND excited to see what they do with the next movie! I rented the movie but after watching it I wish I had bought it instead. Really well done!
½ November 5, 2018
This is why no one should trust critic reviews anymore. The audience score is 74%. Critics peg it at 14%. Don't trust these critics. Watch the movie for yourself.

Pros: I'm in my 30s and enjoyed the movie a lot with my 18 & 20 year old nieces. The lead characters have great chemistry. The story overall was interesting and flowed well. I really liked it.

Cons: Some points were introduced but never given even 5 more minutes to explain or explore them. The ending DOES also drop off instead of showing a strong finish. It's an obvious set up for a sequel. Those were the only things that were truly disappointing about the film.

I hope studios pay close attention to audience reviews and not the critics. They clearly don't know what they're talking about.
½ November 4, 2018
Very good movie, live the story and the effects
November 4, 2018
I'm obsessed with the movie! So much so I started reading the books. I'm already half way thru the second book!
November 3, 2018
I Enjoyed this movie a lot, i would love to see a sequel to it, since the ending was such a cliffhanger.
November 3, 2018
i loved her Hunger Games as Rue and i thought it was good movie
½ November 3, 2018
It was a decent idea however it was poorly executed.
November 2, 2018
Great movie! They can do so much with this! It could go on for a few more movies! I loved it!