The Darkest Minds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Darkest Minds Reviews

January 20, 2019
The actors really braught this to life. Amandla Stenberg showed great emotion. Really impressed. It is similar in some respects to other teenage/supernatural/ post apocalyptic movies. But this film shows great promise and I am looking forward to the sequal. The FX team have put in a lot of work to pull the set togeather and deserve a praise for that. The music I think is well coordinated with the emotions of the characters. This film deserves a sequal. I would love to see more development to thebother characters not just miss orange. I think some questions need answering in terms of character development. Good start to an adaption.
½ January 20, 2019
Really bad, the kind of thing that probably at least would have been commercially succesful about five years ago, but now? Ends up not only a box office lightweight, but also a failure of a story.
January 19, 2019
I don't know why this movie was so badly hated on, I personally thought it was great and people like me would love to see a part two. If directors make a part two it would answer a lot of questions for me and other viewers. Will Ruby figure out away to reverse mind erasing? Will Chubbs, Liam, and Zu get back together? Will Ruby find a way to reform The League and make it less a group of adults using a bunch of children to fight their wars? Will the gang get back together and figure out a way to stop the government and shut down the concentration camps once and for all? I need these answered. And I know I can find the answers in the books but sometimes a girl just wants to watch it play out right in front of her eyes. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
½ January 19, 2019
'The Darkest Minds' is critically underrated (even though this is most likely the best adaptation we can get), with good fast pacing, diverse emotion and incredible scenery to go with an unforgettable plot.
January 18, 2019
Movie is amazing only bumer is that the ending made me cry because it ended with me having unanswered questions. Wish there was a part 2
January 17, 2019
This is my favourite movie ever, it kept me interested in the movie and the plot is really good and creative, more people should watch it because it also provides us with romance not just a thriller
January 16, 2019
Movie Critics are no longer relevant, because they see too many movies and that skews their perception. This movie is another good example of that. Was this movie perfect? Of course not. However, I, like many others, have not seen every YA adaption that is out there, so it kept me engaged throughout. Even in the scenes that I knew what was going to happen, I was waiting to see how the director and actors treated those scenarios.
January 12, 2019
1.12.19 library dvd @ home w/Sh & J
January 11, 2019
I loved the movie.. it was awsome.. no comment i mean its very unique and artistic.. very interesting...
Im just not satisfied on the last part wherein Ruby let go of Liam.. So sad...
any ways.. thank you for that and im expecting a second part i guess..
My best... Wilfred.
January 10, 2019
This is an amazing movie you should go and buy it
January 9, 2019
Actually a really good movie deserves more love tbh.
January 9, 2019
If the movie had no powers it would have been worse.
½ January 8, 2019
The movie was fascinating, and in my opinion well put together. Just watch it, see for yourself.
½ January 8, 2019
The was the "Fantastic plot that ALMOST was" ....
The plot IDEA is really great, but it didn't execute well. The movie pace was dragging! Lots of over-acting and exaggerated "stereotypes" from the eyes of children & teens.
January 8, 2019
Critics hate it? must be good
January 7, 2019
The books were better. That said, I loved this, and i'm sad to see that it looks like there won't be a sequel due to the ratings.
January 6, 2019
I don't understand why this movie has been give mostly negative reviews, this genre of movie appeals to a specif audience and that audience know who they are not all films are going to be loved by every single person if this isn't your kinda of movies style the don't watch it and and give negative feedback when it's not what you expected. Overall I thought it was great and I'm greatly disappointed that there is unlikely to be more made!
½ January 6, 2019
it was good really good until the ending they fucked everything up
½ January 4, 2019
I read this book before i knew it was going to be a movie, and let me tell you it was bad. The movie moved along way to fast, and they skipped intersting/funny parts that helped make the book. Very important character traits are left out of almost every character, which doesn't let the story evolve. Chubs doesn't even have the right powers. This is pretty major since chubs refuses to use his powers. If he's a green then he never gets to decide if he uses his powers or not. The plot of the movie is based off the book, but totally different. All in all thus movie was a disaster, it had little to none to do with the book, and i wad really disappointed in the producers for creating a movie this bad.
January 4, 2019
It was a very intriguing beginning then plot twist kept me at the end of my seat. And there was some romance in it through to the end but not overwhelming with romance I do hope they make a second one as it shouldn´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)t end that way this movie kept me wanting more after the movie was over and I found out there are books also if it wasn´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)t for watching this movie with my kids then I wouldn´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)t of known about it I feel like these types of trilogy movies never are advertised properly just like immortal instruments city of bones then they turned it into a tv show which in my opinion wasn´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)t a crappy move the actors and actresses where awesome and played the roll perfectly same with this movie the actors and actresses where very good with the plot.