The Decoy Bride Reviews

• Apr 22, 2019

How could you not like this movie?? Scottish Island, David Tennant, Kelly Macdonald is adorable. Lots of awkward moments without bad language or nudity? This one of my favorite girl movies and I can watch it with my teens.

• Mar 25, 2019

shocked it was reviewed so poorly. The dry comedy makes this one of the only rom coms my husband and I both love.

• Feb 21, 2019

Amazing film. I've re-watched it so many times and recommended it to so many friends.

• Dec 09, 2018

There's an argument to be made that romantic comedy is the most cliched and predictable genre of film. People get together, don't like each other, there's generally an unsuitable other suitor that gets ditched towards the end and it finishes with the people you assumed would get together getting together. But I just can't help but enjoy them a great deal. Just like this film. It's a paint by numbers exercise where you can take a fairly educated stab at the entire plot from the trailer, but... I enjoyed myself watching it. The setup is nice, the leads are likeable and it all lollops along with a quiet, simple pleasantness and, at 89 minutes with credits, doesnâ(TM)t outstay its welcome. It lost me a little towards the end as these things tend to do and I was going to give it 2 things out of 5 instead, but I had to bump it up to 3 because Kelly MacDonald is entirely adorable in it. Maybe I need to start being less forgiving. Maybe it doesn't matter at all. Also, how can you justify casting David Tennant in a film set in the wilds of Scotland and not let him unleash his lovely Scottish brogue? Has he ever been able to be a cheeky Scottish chappie?

• Feb 15, 2018

Came across this movie by accident. Love this movie!

Came across this movie by accident. Love this movie!

• Feb 08, 2018

it was cute :) made for smiles and a warm fuzzy heart

it was cute :) made for smiles and a warm fuzzy heart

• Oct 26, 2017

Good movie and I thoughly enjoyed it . story is good and acting is great even the real backups did a good job. Nice entertatining movie.

• Aug 11, 2017

I love this movie! Kelly McDonald and David Tennant are adorable, and it's a genuinely feel-good movie.

• Feb 15, 2017

There are some really funny bits in this movie. And it's got a ton of quotable moments...I'm hotter than I look. I'm kryptonite to men...kryptonite dipped in cellulite. A cavern of longingness. Kelly MacDonald is great with David Tennant. Great acting and writing!

• Jan 01, 2017

Charming and offbeat it's a romantic comedy with the best kind of quirks and dry humor. I love everything about this film and will always watch it whether I'm sad or just don't know what to do with myself. It's a comfort and a well acted attraction full of beautiful people and beautiful sights.