The Disaster Artist Reviews

• 4d ago

The Disaster Artist was directed and starred by James Franco and it's about the making of The Room, a movie regarded as one of the worst of all time. This movie is genuinely hilarious, actually everything in this movie is very solid. It's just a very solid movie all around. I enjoyed it, even though I have never seen The Room, and probably so would you.

• 6d ago

You don't necessarily need to have seen The Room before watching Artist of Disaster, but I recommend that you see it, because this way the movie is more fun and you can have a bigger contest of what is happening. The movie is a lot of fun, it's funny and James Franco is great, maybe one of the best works of his career, his accent and eccentric way of being reminds a lot of Tommy Wiseau. The film pays a very beautiful tribute to the cinema and the film The Room, the direction of James Franco is operative, it does not present anything special or striking in its direction. I recommend you watch

• May 17, 2020

A great comedy and one of James Franco's best performances. You don't need to know anything about The Room and the real life story in order to laugh hard at this movie.

• May 15, 2020

From start to finish a movie every budding actor should watch. Sad, funny and cringe-inducing, it is Hollywood. James Franco stays consistent and is quite brilliant. I see why it's a cult film.

• May 14, 2020

This films shows how great of a serious actor James Franco could be

This films shows how great of a serious actor James Franco could be

• May 10, 2020

I still don't know what's up with the Wiseau dude but James Franco is a genius for making this. You can tell he had way too much fun recreating those scenes.

• May 10, 2020

This movie about the making of the best worst movie of all time is surprisingly enjoyable and charming, and it's also a superb depiction of the struggles of creative process and movie production.

• May 05, 2020

TDA can keep up with Wiseau.

TDA can keep up with Wiseau.

• Apr 18, 2020

This was a decent story with engaging, weird characters in pursuit of their dreams of stardom. What was missing was the message - that even someone with little or not talent and pursue and sometimes achieve their dream - provided, they work hard in that pursuit. All the disaster artist had was his dream. With little talent, he achieved it merely by spending his money and not working his brain. An entertaining piece with a sloppy message.

• Apr 07, 2020

An interesting choice of subject to deal with but the way it is delivered feels a bit more like a lost potential, because it only follows the typical steps of a Hollywood movie.