The Interview - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Interview Reviews

½ April 3, 2019
I laughed and laughed and laughed. Franco and Rogen are comedy gold together.
March 9, 2019
A silly and fun movie in typical Seth Rogen and James Franco fashion. Definitely worth a watch if you just watch to relax for an evening but still watch an original entertaining screenplay.
January 30, 2019
Its totally ridiculous. Like totally. I mean, Kim Jong Un would definitely not be a Katy Perry fan in real life.
January 14, 2019
seth rogan- comedy's kryptonite. dictator stole every scene but it was only a petty crime.
January 12, 2019
It was better than American Sniper...
½ January 9, 2019
Not bad. Just didn't hit the mark all over. Some interesting ideas.
December 30, 2018
hilarious with a cool story. a few things were stupid or overdone but not many. after pineapple express, james franco and seth rogen prove again that they make the best comedic team. some good action too. franco's facial expressions are priceless and everything he said was funny. most of the funny parts are in the first half of the movie while the second half relies more on the novelty of being friends with kim jong. so many quotable parts. one of the best lines in the movie: "A hitler, a bin laden, an un" (5 viewings)
December 27, 2018
James Franco e Seth Rogen insieme spaccano, ormai assodato, tant' che questo film pi che riuscito secondo me. diretto dallo stesso Rogen insieme a Evan Goldberg; la regia non nulla di eccezionale, normale. Mi ha fatto molto divertire, spassosissimo nella prima parte e molto bello nella seconda, meno risate ma sempre coinvolgente. una satira pungente al dittatore coreano Kim Jong-un, che nel finale viene messo totalmente a ridicolo e quindi per nulla risparmiato. Quindi non per niente un film stupido, dove Franco e Rogen fanno i fattoni e si spaccano alle feste. molto di pi, la presa per il culo dell'America nei confronti del coreano. Bellissime alcune frasi o parole come: "ci sfottono perch non fottono" oppure "topatrappolato/fallotrappolato". Veramente bello, mi piaciuto, d'altronde con Franco e Rogen, che io amo, non poteva non piacermi.
December 20, 2018
Not a particularly strong outing for the fellas over at Point Grey (i.e. Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, James Franco, etc.), "The Interview" is an undoubtedly sloppy effort on a number of fronts. Comedically speaking, it's average, offering up some intermittent laughs here and there, but no genuine gut-busters. As a piece of political or journalistic commentary, it's scattershot at best, with most of its thematic content posing more questions than answers in the heads of the audience members. However, I can't say it wasn't worth at least one watch. The premise alone is worth the price of admission. And regardless of whether or not it ultimately excelled at delivering on that possibilities of that premise, I'm -- at the very least -- glad I finally got around to watching it.
November 13, 2018
One of my favorite comedies. Seems odd how this got such a low rating. Must've been the time when it was released, or lack of special effects, because this movie is hilarious. Zooey Deshanel was perfect for the CIA agent -- kinda wish they'd use has as one in other movies.
November 5, 2018
I give this movie a five out five stars because it's relly funny. The acting might not be the best but it better than other movies. yhea the movie is kida raceis but sometimes you have to know that this not base on real event. This movie show as a diffent seth rogen chater that we do not see in most of his movie. Only was i relly like this movie.
½ October 10, 2018
This movie had a good premise and the potential to be a good social satire but, unfortunately, The Interview degenerated very quickly into stupid and redundant jokes about male body parts and bowel movements. Also, Seth Rogen is always likeable and was in this movie as well, but Franco's character was irritating, stupid and just got on my nerves very quickly. Made the movie harder to watch.
October 5, 2018
This time, the north-korean dictator had it right. This movie is an act of war...
½ September 30, 2018
don't understand why it's so disliked. it's exactly what you would expect!
½ September 21, 2018
This was full of laughs as well as an entertaining story overall.
August 29, 2018
The Interview appears to suffer from a short-attention span and relies on an unusual and unsatisfying screenplay composed of Katy Perry music, poison strips, bathroom talk and complaints of North Korean propaganda and nuclear weapons agenda in this terribly under-screened movie that should have been played nationwide in all theaters. I can't accept how idiotic, how cowardly it was for Sony and so many major theatrical chains to abort this movie, it shouldn't have taken President Obama taking action just to release one movie nationwide. And also, I wonder how many times does a movie about killing Kim Jong Possible needs to use the words "pee", "poo" and "butt".

Also, I want to point out the pig-tator made tons of propaganda videos glorifying violence to attack South Korea and the U.S., not that he has any power to do so, and he's an absolute fat hypocrite to say that The Interview should be banned.
August 19, 2018
Rogen should stay away from directing.
August 15, 2018
Had a great start but stopped being fun so quickly...
½ July 5, 2018
This is a very bad unfunny movie. Seth Rogan is becoming almost as bad as Adam Sandler. John Franco has become less shocking and sucks in this movie . Boring and tasteless humor.
June 23, 2018