The Little Stranger Reviews

• Nov 30, 2020

The Little Stranger revels in never giving too much away. It slowly builds suspense and creates a dark mood that Wilson/ Gleeson thrive in. Full of sophisticated shivers that make you feel a little strange.

• Oct 02, 2020

It was slow yet interesting and made me want to see what's going to happen next however I had to read the director's review to understand everything. The messages about the alter ego, social class and repression were clear though.

• Jun 15, 2020

So boring with a blah unsurprising ending.

So boring with a blah unsurprising ending.

• Jun 08, 2020

I can never get those hrs back

I can never get those hrs back

• Jun 02, 2020

Not a fan of period pieces but this was thorough and effective although incredibly slow as expected. Characterisation was good, unsure if it should be classified as supernatural scary because the scariest thing is the fact they didn't have the internet. Pacing was frustratingly slow, but even. It's 2/3 of the way through before they concur there's a presence in the house but the times state admitting that is shameful. Then the whole thing becomes about the guy trying to get married. I honestly don't know what happened by the end. And I can't get 2 hours of my life back.

• May 01, 2020

Like in all the best horror stories, the monster operates as a symbol of something wrong in the characters' lives. Since this is a Gothic horror story, it's a symbol of the past; the characters are haunted by their inability to let go and move on. As the film goes on, Farraday's motives and actions become more and more questionable, and you start to wonder whether you can really trust him as a narrator.

• May 01, 2020

With a slow pace and harrowing setting, this movie will keep you on the edge until the big reveal that is too subtle to notice.

• Apr 16, 2020

It doesn't offer much of what you want. That's all I can say.

It doesn't offer much of what you want. That's all I can say.

• Apr 12, 2020

What an incredible WASTE of time, talent and money. A complete snooze fest - and don't expect some amazing ending, there isn't one.

• Feb 19, 2020

Decent to solid with good performances but drags a tad midway through.

Decent to solid with good performances but drags a tad midway through.