The Little Stranger Reviews

• 5d ago

Despite its pleasant cinematography and solid performances The Little Stranger is too plodding and dull. The plot wanders aimlessly and seems to go nowhere which is very frustrating especially since the story is ambiguous. It's not made clear whether the house is really haunted or if it's all in their heads.

• Jun 07, 2019

strange with a gradual but obvious climax.

strange with a gradual but obvious climax.

• May 22, 2019

Boring from start to finish, with a ridiculous ending. If the director wanted to make the audience believe that the child version of Faryday was the "ghost',in the house then he should have made a better effort to make it believable. The whole thing was just a let down.

• May 12, 2019

Slow and ponderous, with a fairly obvious twist ending doing little to liven it up. A waste of some good actors. Why did they bother?

• May 11, 2019

Dull and boring Indie film. Thought I missed something, but not really sure WHAT was the point of this film!

• May 07, 2019

This movie is terrible! It’s so slow and there isn’t much that happens. Very predictable. Save 2 hours of your life and watch something else.

• Feb 27, 2019

A creepy and very ambiguous film that faithfully adapts the spectacular novel. This is about a haunted English house, class, sexuality, the medical profession, and a whole host of other issues all wrapped up in a ghost story. I was surprised both by how much I liked this film and how much it has stuck with me.

• Jan 22, 2019

A bit slow I remember and honestly I cannot remember the end! So can't be that good.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jan 20, 2019

You serious The Little Stranger? That's what you're giving me?

You serious The Little Stranger? That's what you're giving me?

• Jan 05, 2019

I'm probably the only one that doesn't get the ending AT ALL. I really wanted to like this movie. I like all the actors and the time period and I'm fine with the slow pace (not a car chase to be had). But I just didn't get it. The ending makes no sense and the whole movie you're waiting through the slow pace for an exciting or unexpected ending. Well maybe it was unexpected, but it didn't make any sense. In watching the analysis the director says something to the effect that you should leave the audience guessing, or something to the effect of Less is More. I vehemently disagree. Or Yes, maybe guessing, but not totally confused! It could just be me, but I didn't get it at all! If the ending made more sense, it would have been worth the wait, and a hence better movie.