The Outrageous Sophie Tucker Reviews

• May 09, 2017

not the most exciting doc as far as how its made but the subject is so cool, not to mention old and not so well remembered, that its well worth a look...if ur into show biz history, vaudeville, female performers, etc and its good for getting ready for the 50th julesworks follies live variety show tonight at Jean Cocteau Cinema!

• Dec 25, 2016

This is how you do a biographical documentary! A true love letter to the great Sophie Tucker, covering 60 years of her amazing career. The soundtrack is fantastic with her old recordings being remastered and cleaned up. I loved it.

• Aug 23, 2015

Who was Sophie Tucker? Beats me and I just sat through THE OUTRAGEOUS SOPHIE TUCKER. This doc is so bad, so inane, it belongs on the list of films where you ask, "Have these people ever seen a movie?" Poor Sophie deserves much better than this.

• Aug 01, 2015

Really a great documentary about a legend in show business and what a little perseverance, talent and uniqueness is all about. I highly recommend this one.

• Aug 01, 2015

Wonderful historical footage from the career of a giant in history of show business. Too much of the producers

• Jul 30, 2015

The "critics" are nuts and Sophie would have told them so. A really really interesting documentary that was fun and entertaining about a bigger than life personality. There is no problem with the movie other than there was as much movie or video that one would want to see. But, look when she lived! She was born before, radio, movies, TV, and the internet. Get a life movie critics.

• Jul 30, 2015

You get a real sense from this film what a great performer Sophie Tucker was.

You get a real sense from this film what a great performer Sophie Tucker was.

• Jul 29, 2015

A beautifully crafted film about an under appreciated icon of the 20th century.

A beautifully crafted film about an under appreciated icon of the 20th century.

• Jul 28, 2015

This is a superb piece of research and a totally delightful, informative and uplifting film. Bravo to the filmmakers for their efforts!

• Jul 28, 2015

What a surprise treat this film was to see. I had only a superficial familiarity with Sophie Tucker from appearances on Ed Sullivan Show. Susan and Lloyd Ecker, who were present at my seeing the film, have done a wonderful job on telling Sophie's story. Like the Eskers, I hope someday this great entertainer will come alive again on stage and in a film.