The Patsy Reviews

• Jan 19, 2016

Shameless mugging by Lewis makes one wonder what the French see in all of this.

Shameless mugging by Lewis makes one wonder what the French see in all of this.

• Aug 15, 2015

OK sequel of sorts to Lewis' 1960 hit 'the bellboy'

OK sequel of sorts to Lewis' 1960 hit 'the bellboy'

• Dec 12, 2014

I quite enjoyed this Jerry Lewis film, which has a lot of relevance today, in the era of reality shows and manufactured stars. Several good character actors, such as Peter Lorre in his final role, and comedians round out the cast, as the team that's going to make this nobody into a star, and Ina Balin's quite good as the team member who ends up falling in love with the patsy and refusing to give up on him like the others do. Recommended.

• Nov 28, 2014

• Oct 09, 2014

Entertaining Jerry Lewis vehicle has a stellar cast, which includes Everett Sloane, Keenan Wynn, Peter Lorre, Phil Harris, John Carradine, Hans Conried, Scatman Crothers, Jack Albertson, Hedda Hopper, George Raft, Mel Torme, Ed Wynn, and Marion Davies. Jerry is built up as a big star the management team of a big star who recently died and who all need a new mealticket. Wacky Jerry Lewis comedy ensures.

• Oct 02, 2014

Not very funny or even good for that matter. Jerry Lewis movies are usually better than this. (First and only viewing - 10/3/2014)

• Mar 07, 2014

They simply want to make you a star. When a star comedian dies, his comedy team and producers decide to band together and try to turn a bellhop into his replacements. The bellhop is a huge work in progress as he has no rhythm, he's a bit of a scatter brain, and he has no sense of timing. They try to work with him, hire him teachers, and give him opportunities and he's a repeat failure. Will all their work go for not or can the bellhop become a star? "You really like the simple things, don't you?" "Yeah, the difficult ones always give me trouble." Jerry Lewis, director of The Nutty Professor, The Bellboy, The Ladies Man, The Family Jewels, One More Time, The Day the Clown Cried, and Cracking Up, delivers Patsy. The storyline for this picture is really not very good and fairly annoying. The characters are just okay and the script was mediocre. I also thought the acting was fairly mediocre and the cast includes Jerry Lewis, Peter Lorre, John Caradine, Everett Sloane, and Phil Harris. "You sound like a man with thirty good questions and never any answers." I DVR'd this picture because Peter Lorre starred in the movie and I generally enjoy his character. I have never been a fan of Jerry Lewis' brand of comedy as I generally find him annoying and not overly funny. This film was annoying but did contain an interesting love subplot. Overall, this was an average picture that I wouldn't go out of my way to see and is very outdated in terms of brand of comedy. "A star is born." Grade: C

• Dec 30, 2013

Stanley.. his awesome!!!!

Stanley.. his awesome!!!!

• May 13, 2012

Jerry Lewis at his best

Jerry Lewis at his best

• Apr 26, 2011

I recommend this to all my enemies. Really disappointing movie. I know it's Jerry Lewis but I couldn't stand this.