The Wicked Reviews

• Jan 27, 2016

Watchable. Few good scary moments, some good acting and not so bad story, although the idea was a way better then realistion.

• May 14, 2015

Not good...it's like a TV movie...ð???

Not good...it's like a TV movie...ð???

• Feb 02, 2015

If this flick was given the budget big-studio movies get, then I'm sure it would have been a lot better. It was so bad it was good though. I hated most of the characters and rooted for the Wicked to kill them all, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The movie actually took some time to do some character development thus giving me more reason to hate them. All and all, this was a great way to kill a Monday night.

• Jan 20, 2015

Orribile miscuglio di blair witch project e evil dead , a malapena guardabile ma solo per amanti del genere , gli altri si astengano pure!

• Aug 22, 2014

"The Wicked" is a supernatural horror film that is part urban legend, and part ghost story. The movie was directed by Peter Winther who makes the jump from television to feature film with this wicked little treat. It tells the story of a home hidden away in the woods, that if you throw a rock at it and break a window, a witch will come and kill you. That is the urban legend part. One that is as classic as it is contemporary. A place where cruel acts transpired and a curse that will tear any soul who dares test it. Those legends are very prevalent in today's culture. Which is why I found this film as traditional as I did modern and fresh. True there is not much within the film that hasn't really happened before, or been told in other horror films of the past, but the movie gave a thrilling and entertaining nightmarish tale, that renewed my faith in good, fun horror stories- like the ones I grew up on. "The Wicked' keeps with a very clean and tight story that is brought to life by believable actors who, at times, make you want to see them die on film-well a few of them anyway. I also found the evil supernatural entity of the witch very dark, and horrible, so I didn't really want her to prevail in the end. She was pretty vicious. The directing for the film manages to keep your attention with some pretty creepy concepts, and point of view moments, that allows the movie to be dark without being too dark. There are some cliché moments within the movie that takes away from the suspenseful action scenes, the snag that befalls a lot of movies like this. However "The Wicked" did make me jump quite a few times, and even though the CGI was a bit distracting when used, the kill sequences where still very well done and entertaining. Overall I really enjoyed this film and found the witch to be a true classical interpretation of an evil supernatural witch. If you enjoyed movies like "Darkness Falls" (as I did) then this film is perfect. I do have to say that the film is not some modern expressionist's attempt to get real, and gritty with a "raw" horror story, that feels more like grindhouse experimental filming. It is a traditional horror film that keeps with a true, classic concept of ghost story/urban legend. I liked this film more than I liked "Darkness Falls".

• Apr 27, 2014

this was kinda crazy i liked it tho

this was kinda crazy i liked it tho

• Mar 28, 2014

Featuring a decent premise concerning an evil witch in the woods who preys on children, The Wicked goes on a bit too long and meanders too much to truly develop suspense or be fully engaging. Still, it features some decently creepy and brutal moments that are unfortunately watered down by bad writing and directing...

• Dec 11, 2013

This film isn't too bad. I liked it and it did make me jump which was a bonus. The gory bits were a bit fake but the rest was good. I would recommend it as a good halloween movie.

• Adam M Super Reviewer
    Dec 09, 2013

Teen-style horror. A local myth surrounding a local abandoned house in the woods turns out to be true when a group of friends turn up there one night for a visit. The story goes that a witch lives in/haunts the old house and if you throw a stone at the house and it breaks a window, you're fucked!(as in dead, unfortunately). So obviously a window gets broken and the teens get hunted down one-by-one. The Wicked is pretty good to be fair. You don't see the witch thing done that often and there a few scares and some gore but nothing to lift it above your normal, generic teen horror. Worth a look for horror fans that like to know what they're getting but that's it really.

• Nov 23, 2013