The Wind Rises - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wind Rises Reviews

½ March 16, 2017
There's just one word to describe the art of this movie BEAUTIFUL, the main plot at first doesn't seem interesting but you'll loved once you understand it's message.
March 12, 2017
The best film ever. Fantastic story with good characters and wonderful acting.
March 3, 2017
Really great animation, with technical bent, beautiful at times. Interesting take of the aeronautical engineer that conceives the Zero plane, famous for its attack of the USA. We have here the viewpoint of the nice guy not thinking too much of the consequences. Being too strong can tempt to use the strenght and bring more trouble than affordable. The story stays on the nice side of things throughout and much of it is populated by dreams. This is a bit like whitewashing the war makers and bombers. That would be the lesson.
March 3, 2017
February 23, 2017
This is a masterpiece and Miyazaki's last film. This should have 100% from both audience and critics here on RT. There's nothing wrong with this film. This film breezes through like the wind in its pacing. It's about how quickly life goes by and how we meet the best moments of our lives. It's about appreciating the beauty of life at its best even when it's about to become something less. We get older. The primes of our lives fade into memory. It's a downhill slope from here. But are we sad that it's over? Melancholy and a little nostalgic for that time, yes. But the film teaches us to be happy. As Dr. Seuss once said "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened". And this film delivers that message sincerely, beautifully, clearly, and masterfully. Hats off to you Miyazaki. We humbly and gratefully enjoy your last film.
½ February 17, 2017
Like an unsuccessful cake, it's sweet and can be dressed up with icing but it's still heavy, bland stodge in the middle
½ February 11, 2017
Not the best I have seen come out of Studio Ghibli, but not disappointing either. Very good story, characters, and animation. Good family film - especially if you have daughters who love anime.
January 17, 2017
Visually it's one of Miyazaki's best story wise it's not as interesting as his other stuff but it's still very good. It's Miyazaki so you expect that.
½ January 11, 2017
Another wonderful story from Studio Gibli and I thought this was one of their best in a while
October 29, 2016
I think I saw this cartoon. It was not terrible.
October 17, 2016
Great animation and beautiful respect to a true artist!
October 4, 2016
What beautiful animation that I sat through. 'The Wind Rises' feels like a breath of fresh air when compared to films like 'Ponyo', 'Princess Mononoke' and 'Howl's Moving Castle' to name a few.
October 1, 2016
What a master piece! This is by far the best Miyasaki film ever. Just beautiful.
September 23, 2016
This... was amazing. Probably perhaps one of Miyazaki's greatest from start to finish. An animated masterpiece for young and old...
½ September 16, 2016
La última película del maestro Hayao Miyazaki, luego de anunciar su retiro del mundo de la animación, es una hermosa y melancólica cinta acerca de Jiro Horikoshi, el diseñador del famoso avión Zero, que hizo parte del bombardeo japonés a Pearl Harbor. En "The Wind Rises", Miyazaki aborda el poder de los sueños (una constante en su trabajo) y cómo estos pueden convertirse en realidad. La secuencia del terremoto de Japón de 1923, es toda una lección de cómo el dibujo animado puede llegar a unos niveles inexplorados de hermosura, delicadeza e impacto. "The Wind Rises" es un sentido testamento a un director, que gracias a obras maestras como "El Viaje de Chihiro", "Mi Vecino Totoro", "La Princesa Mononoke", "Ponyo" o "El Castillo Vagabundo", logra dejar una marca indeleble en la historia del cine animado.
½ August 14, 2016
Poignant, beautifully animated, and thematically driven, The Wind Rises ends Hayao Miyazaki's career on a bittersweet high note
August 2, 2016
Absolutely gorgeous. Each shot should have been a water colour painting in a gallery.
July 16, 2016
Hayao Miyazaki's "October Sky".
July 9, 2016
Disney continues the tradition of stripping the spiritualality and feeling and darkness out of Miyasaki movies to the point of boredom.
½ July 3, 2016
A perfect way for Miyazaki to retire from the film world.