The Woman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Woman Reviews

November 27, 2016
Brutal and disturbing. Worth watching.
½ October 23, 2016
Seems like this movie has been done.... At least the Father character has...I was kind of bored by it.
September 3, 2016
All men are garbage and deserve to be eaten.
August 4, 2016
It's just...extreme.
April 27, 2016
The Woman had me leaving shaking, not with fear, but with anger and injustice.
½ April 5, 2016
This was the stupidest film I've ever seen in my life. I thought it was purely a joke. It's not a joke. The acting was a joke. The music was terrible and clashed with every scene. Everything about this movie was bad.
March 21, 2016
sounds a bit too extreme for my tastes
March 12, 2016
Excellent. Builds really well. Tough viewing in places.
½ March 7, 2016
This movie is exploitation gone wrong, oh so very, very wrong. Not one single character is likable or sympathetic; the titular woman is a monstrous, feral, unsympathetic, disgusting beast; the father is disgusting, ignorant, stupid and violent, and the son is a little cunt and a sadist. The male characters are violent and sick and the female characters (except The Woman) are weak, whimpering pacifists. It's a film that, while on the surface, appears to be trying to be a femi-nazi film but the dark truth is that at this film's black heart it's completely nihilistic....it doesn't believe in a single, god-damned thing.
February 12, 2016
So fucked up I loved it
February 10, 2016
In the category for most vile films ever I found this movie 2nd only to the Human Centipede. Very hard to watch. Slow start but a lot happens in the end and it is extremely disturbing. You've been warned.
January 28, 2016
McKee cranks the tension up to 11 before letting loose in a profoundly savage and blood soaked finale. The biting social satire occasionally comes off as a bit too obvious, but when it works, it really works. Maybe don't watch this one on a full stomach though.
November 18, 2015
Sloppy, dull and curiously (undeservedly) controversial, the Woman has little to say as a horror film and even less as a sort of wannabe feminist (?) take on gore. Avoid.
½ October 19, 2015
Absolutely a WTF FILM.
½ October 11, 2015
Strange but well paced and interesting film . Worth a watch you won't be disappointed
September 19, 2015
Nasty stuff. Some of the direction and acting was a bit ropey, and the ending was a tad disappointing. Plus, if it was indeed the story of "the last remaining member of a violent clan that has roamed the North-east in the wild for decades", then I must've nodded off at some point for that bit of info (which in itself would've been difficult considering the disturbing nature of the flick).
August 9, 2015
I want say I don't like it but I've watched it three times. The woman is my second favorite cannibal, after that lovable scamp Hannibal
June 6, 2015
The last scene is quite an ending, but it still feels as if something else needs to be said.
½ May 20, 2015
Sick movie with some nice oppressive moments but the end is disappointing and banal not fitting the genre we think we were looking at and gore scenes dont fix that