Thieves of Fortune Reviews

• Dec 16, 2004

Ohhh poor Lee Van Cleef. As if getting old and typecast as a cowboy wasn't bad enough, he gets attached to this train wreck of a film. Thank God he's only in it in the beginning. I'm am almost convinced that the plot is completely pointless to this movie. The only reason this film exists is for the two minutes at the end where former Miss Universe Shawn Weatherly (that's a woman) runs around topless in her underwear. And um, while I do admire her, um, free spirit, I would suggest that if you were going to take the film in that direction, that you should go more the Animal House direction and not the Jewel of the Nile route. Subsequently and I doubt this has anything to do with this film, but Van Cleef died shortly after this film was released. Heh, irony.