Thor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thor Reviews

January 14, 2018
Amazing film with and incredible cast, what more does an breathtaking film need?
January 14, 2018
"Thor" is better than a great many mythology epics, but as part of the MCU, it has trouble matching other additions with its irritating flaws, like the uninteresting "real world," flat characters and dialogue, and a villain who isn't very intimidating.
January 13, 2018
Fun movie. Great cast and surprisingly funny. Beautiful visuals of Asgard.
January 7, 2018
A heck of a lot better than I expected. I figured a Thor movie would be boring and bland, but Chris Hemsworth's Thor, coupled with a competent script, elevate this movie into something regularly enjoyable. The fish-out-of-water scenes with Thor on Earth are probably the best parts of the movie, and Thor's character arc of whiny, spoiled brat to hero is well done. Marvel struck gold with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, who is easily Marvel's best villain and one that steals pretty much every scene he's in. Kat Dennings does a great job as Darcy, the comic relief friend to Natalie Portman's Jane Foster, who is not as great. Jane spends too much of the movie ogling Thor and not doing enough to make me believe she's really as brilliant a scientist as the movie tries to tell you she is. The scenes in Asgard look great, but are rather boring, which leaves the film feeling like it lurches from fun to dull a bit too often, but overall it's a surprisingly solid start to a character I thought I'd never care about.
January 3, 2018
Wish it was longer. I like to see films like this to be about 3 hours long like Alexander
½ January 1, 2018
Thor is an excellent movie, while not as famous as batman or superman, in this movie, you wouldn't know it. Thor thunders on the screen with all the bravado and masculinity of an A listed superhero. Great acting by Chris Hemsworth and a fantastic Loki by Hiddelston, an excellent supporting group, and music score, there is little not to like. Definitely underrated and under appreciated, this is a stellar crew and a great movie with humor, wit, and action.
½ December 29, 2017
A nice balance of humor, action, and drama. Helps to keep this a kid-friendly movie.
December 27, 2017
A good introduction to the mighty Thor and seeing Asgard is a thrill but realistically the film could have ended after 30 mins.
The story of him on Earth is pretty dull and trying to rewatch the film is a chore
The film works as a trailer for the Avengers but after you have seen the main event...do you go back and watch the trailer?
December 21, 2017
A very enjoyable movie, especially Thor's interaction with unknown objects on earth.
½ December 20, 2017
This is good fun and some nice character work to entertain the crowds but not quite enough to make me care deeply or get terribly invested in the plot
December 18, 2017
Chris Hemsworth does a fantastic job at bringing the amazing Marvel Character Thor to life. The movie fantastically funny and has a great storyline. This one of my favorite Marvel Movies ever as well as one of my favorite movies of all time. It is one of the funniest Marvel Movies of all time. Just a terrific movie all together.
December 17, 2017
Thor is an entertaining movie for its energy and silliness.
½ December 16, 2017
Thor is my favorite film this year by far. Incredible action, an awesome story, and one of the best casts I've seen in a while. Seriously, Hemsworth and Hiddleston are hon my list of favorite actors after seeing their performances as Thor and Loki. Thor is an INCREDIBLE film and a big winner, so I suggest EVERYONE goes and sees this movie!!!!
½ December 16, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Visualmente envolvente y con icónicos personajes, que encarnan complejas personalidades en torno a una historia que hace honor al género.
December 15, 2017
Thor does indeed contain visually incredible action, and has great depth in the emotional performances of Chris Hemswoth and Tom Hiddleston. The problems arise as Thor's companions on Earth and Asgard both serve as mediocre characters, save maybe Odin. The main villains of the Frost Giants are no better, as they even take a back seat to Hiddleston's Loki. It's all kind of a mess and forgetful, but it still is the introduction to Thor and Loki, who prove vital to the MCU as time progresses.
December 15, 2017
Thor had me worried for these Marvel films, since they were all gonna be connected in some way leading up to The Avengers. The Incredible Hulk was very lackluster, Iron Man 2 stumbled along the way, and Thor wasn't much different despite the spectacular performance of Chris Hemsworth as the God of Thunder. I felt they severely downplayed his powers from the comics and the scenes featuring Jane and the others felt sorely out of place. Thor doesn't quite pack the punch that Iron Man delivered, but it left me wanting to know more about Thor and his brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston was phenomenal).
½ December 14, 2017
Slightly better than the second one, but only because of the earth scenes. I hate the Asgard scenes, and there's way too many. But, at least it wasn't just all that, like the sequel second one movie! They both make the third one look like a masterpiece, which I didn't even love, I'd just barely get it fresh at 6/10.! But, I did like it! Forgot to write this review on 12/12/17.! Also, if I take too long on another app, my browser crashes. That's what happened with this, and this review, today, and not on 12/12/17.!
½ December 8, 2017
Down to Earth, both actually and practically at most times, Thor is a potentially promising start of a worthy character in the franchise.
December 5, 2017
MCU's worst origin film, other than the Incredible Hulk. Natalie Portman is the right person to portray Jane Foster, and the relationship between the two is weak and cliche. The plot is forgiving, and there are definitely a few plot twists and here and there, but it's still mediocre. I expected a lot from this movie, especially after watching Marvel's Iron Man.
November 27, 2017
we got to bring back Christopher Reeves...is it me or comic films getting worse by the years