Three Seasons Reviews

• Apr 19, 2015

Gives a unique perspective on Vietnam. I found it all a little too simple and the pacing threw me off a bit, but it's a good film for the cultural experience and breathtaking cinematography.

• Sep 08, 2012

A beautiful, serene, portrayal of Vietnamese snippets. Like listening to a selection of poems.

• Jun 05, 2012

To be honest, many Vietnamese media have been produced so crappy, but this film is something special. Good job, Tony Bui!

• Mar 09, 2012

It has a fleeting impression but I enjoyed every minute of it.

It has a fleeting impression but I enjoyed every minute of it.

• Aug 20, 2011

One of my favorite movies of all time.

One of my favorite movies of all time.

• Jul 08, 2011

Poignant love story set in Vietnam.

Poignant love story set in Vietnam.

• Apr 24, 2011

Beautiful cinematography. Makes me want to go back to Vietnam

Beautiful cinematography. Makes me want to go back to Vietnam

• Apr 18, 2011

3: Fascinating film, especially for those that have spent time in Vietnam as a tourist. The exploration of the interpersonal and intercultural interactions involved in the tourist industry is something I don't recall having seen before. For me, it was extremely recognizable and felt very authentic. The characters inner thoughts regarding the imbalances between cultures and the manner in which the local population prostitutes themselves for the almighty dollar, and a glimpse of what is thought to be a better life, merely served to confirm my own personal ruminations and suspicions. SE Asia seems to cater to the international traveler more than other regions, or at least that's how it seems to me. Tourism is the lifeblood of large segments of the society, which inevitably means that you have a poor population serving a rich population, whether it is a cyclo driver, a street vendor, a flower girl, a prostitute, a hotel manager, etc. All of these characters and more are depicted here in a very realistic and moving fashion. None of the pitfalls of the relationship between tourist and service provider are glossed over or shied away from. It is brutally honest and often verging on the uncomfortable. It seems very fitting that I picked up this film from a street vendor in Hanoi a couple months ago.

• Nov 11, 2010

one of the best movie of all time. don't even mind those movie critics. most of them are just into those typical pretentious artsy fartsy movie with "i'm better than everyone attitude This movie is real.

• Jul 05, 2010

A brilliant film, one of my top ten foreign language films , I give this one 10 out of 10