Tideland Reviews

• May 11, 2020

When a director is obsessed with Dutch angles and has little to tell this is what happens

• May 07, 2019

Example of how "avant-garde" goes on and on till it becomes in your face, insane depravity. Talented acting, directing, and writing swirl down the tubes with the aforementioned.

• Mar 09, 2019

Not sure how this ended up on my watchlist. It's not my type of movie so take the 2.5* rating with a grain of salt. I think it's on my list because Gilliam directed 12 Monkeys which I loved. This is a drama fantasy film about a young girls who loses both her parents to drug overdoses, and relies on herself (& her different psyche's) to pass the time. She creates friends and games/stories that she stars in. Then she befriends a mentally ill man who lives next door and they seem to have similar IQ's and personalities, hence they really kick it off. The acting of these is just phenomenal. The really knock it out of the park. It wasn't that bad of a movie, it just wan't from a genre that I'm a fan of.

• Feb 27, 2019

The push/pull, the 'tideland' between the fantasies of Jeliza-Rose's mind and the pointlessly cruel, sick reality ultimately ruins the film with Gilliam's irresponsibility when what is presented suggests the audience would rather side with one or the other. While I myself do not believe films should be produced around demographics the evidence presented in this movie leads me to feel that had it been aimed more towards children it perhaps would have gained a better reputation not just with critics but audiences. The potential for a tonally better movie is there that's why it's so annoying. Tideland is a haunting tale of how innocence of youth deals with disturbing reality but the nature of the film's title meaning; its combination of imaginative childlike fantasy and the uncaring, and often unnecessarily disgusting, twisted reality is ultimately its own downfall.

• Feb 11, 2019

what? oooooookkkkkay! The little girl was adorable and can actually act BUT this movie was so weird and not in a good way.

• Dec 27, 2018

A very underrated film. Stays with you (in a good way)

A very underrated film. Stays with you (in a good way)

• Dec 19, 2018

I love The movie. Itï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)s a must see movie. Iï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)m hoping for season 2.

• Dec 14, 2018

Yikes is really the only thing I can say about this movie. Also a great cure for insomnia.

• Jun 22, 2018

Not the worst, but also not very good either.

Not the worst, but also not very good either.

• Feb 13, 2017

Took me awhile to understand the girls southern mumbles but as a surreal film its superb.....never going to be mainstream.