Tinker Bell - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tinker Bell Reviews

½ November 16, 2008
Tinker Bell is hot as hell. No matter what interpretation you look at. Especially when Kimberly Wyatt of the Pussycat Dolls dresses up as her. But that's a different story. Here Tinker Bell isn't completely herself, hald of her appeal is her bitchy, troublesome traits that have been toned down here. She can still be slightly selfish and impulsive, as we see when she tries to get a bird to fly. This film dilutes her to a sweet fairy trying to find her place in the world of the other fairies. It's cute and simple and aimed at a young audience Still I found it incredibly funny when the animals came into play, a crying squirrel, some amorous glow bugs, and the mouse known as cheese were all charming and hilarious. The animation is superb and far above most cinematic releases let alone straight to DVD. The fairies world is rich with colour and detail, and the hawk attack is just one example that every effort has been put into this film. Plus Tink still has her ridiculously short skirt and great legs so who's going to complain?
ascordeiro108
December 25, 2012
It has a great message but it's not the Tinker Bell that I remember.
March 13, 2014
Kids love it. It was pretty generic, but with nice-looking characters.
Lord Naseby
October 3, 2009
I was forced to watch this film when i babysat 3 girls under the age of 10. yeah not fun for me at all. i rather hated it. it was bland, predictable and waaay too happy. not good at all. People have told me to cu this movie some slack because it is intended for a younger audience. I will now give you some movies that were intended for a younger audience as well as the rotten tomatoes review that it got: Toy Story (100) Toy Story 2(100) Snow white and the seven dwarfs (98). do you get what i'm saying? you can still have a childrens movie that is good.
November 10, 2008
An above average production with a great message for kids, some very funny bits, and amazing animation. Leaves you wondering why they only did a direct to video release, when this is better than some animation being released to theaters.
November 2, 2008
Same shenanigans that Disney tends to release, but it was okay. The character in this film is nothing like he OG Tinkerbell from Peter Pan. I am a big Tinkerbell fan, I Like her becuase she is really mean, stubborn, and jealous. If you are 10 years old or younger, you will think this is the best thing since you got those Hannah Montana tickets.
March 4, 2013
The return to the Never Land world levels to the original animated classic with harmless derivational beauty and creativeness to build up a pleasant charm and a heart, especially touching reality in some connective situations. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
D.D
½ May 1, 2010
When Tinker Bell is born (by the first laugh of a baby) she enters the magical world of fairies where each fairy has a talent. Tinker Bell becomes a tinker (also called Pots and Pans fairy), she learns that all fairies go to the Mainland to prepare the coming of the seasons - all fairies except Tinkers! So Tink tries to be something else to get what she wants, but that is never the answer! Eventually her efforts gets her, and the coming of Spring, in danger.

I truly loved this movie. The lesson it teaches children is really amazing, and I was highly impressed that this was a direct-to-video film as well. I was so used to the DTV trash Disney used to put out, that I wasn't prepared for Tinker Bell. It's solidly scripted--a rarity in Disney DTV films. My only qualm would be that the character of Tinker Bell was toned down compared to how she is in Peter Pan, but perhaps the sequels will make her feisty side come out more.

The animation is unexpected for a film like this. Sure, it's not Pixar and official Walt Disney Animation Studios level animation, but it was still exceptional. The world of fairies just comes alive on the screen with the gorgeous pixie dust, the gorgeous trees and water, and a festival of colors to entice children and adults alike.

Children will fall in love with this new world, and the wonderful characters in it. This may not be our old Tinker Bell, but it's a sanitized, more appropriate Tink for children, and there's really no harm in that. It's rather ironic though, since this film teaches us that we should be true to who we are, but, as I said, no harm is done.
Let's hope Tinker Bell is the beginning of many more fairy adventures to come.
December 28, 2012
Be proud of your talent

Tinker Bell was born a fairy and assigned to be a tinkerer. Some fairies control water, sun light, air, and other natural elements, but tinkerers fix things. Tinker Bell feels that she has a higher calling than just fixing things and tries to find a new skill set. She is jealous of the other fairies because they get to go to the land of the humans and tinkerers do not. She will try everything to show the queen of the fairies she should be reassigned and sent to the land of humans.

"So pretty. Who's that then?"
" It's Tinker Bell, you snail brain."

Bradley Raymond, director of Pochontas II, The Hunchback of Notre Dame II, The Lion King 1 1/2, and Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue, delivers Tinker Bell. The storyline for this picture is above average and contains solid depth and interesting characters. The action scenes are fun and the animation style is classic Disney (not Pixar style but classic Disney 2D style). The voices are very well selected and include Raven-Symone, Lucy Liu, Mae Wittman, and Kristin Chenoweth.

"I've never heard of someone switching talents before."

My daughter received this movie for Christmas and I was excited to watch it since I had never seen it before. It was better than I expected but not upper echelon with the all time classics. There are some great life lessons in this story and the conclusion was wonderful. I do recommend seeing this picture if you are a fan of Disney films.

"I work up in the sky and you work down in a ditch."

Grade: B (7.5)
October 25, 2012
This is a great kids movie. It has a wonderful story line and beautiful graphics. I can't wait to get the rest.
½ February 25, 2012
I've always had a fondness for this character (especially after Julia Roberts played her in Hook). I'm glad Disney finally decided to explore the character and give her more history and depth. This is a good family friendly movie with wonderful, magical animation as you'd expect from Walt Disney Pictures. The story is aimed at the wee ones so it wasn't too involving, but it does have a nice moral of being happy with who you are. Well done fantasy that accomplishes what it sets out to do.
August 2, 2011
The first time I heard of this movie, I thought it would be aimed towards the 10 & under audience. But, I found that my friends (teens-adult) found it fun and entertaining. As well, did I. It takes a new spin on the almost-always-stubborn Tink, & her new friends.
June 27, 2011
I went into this movie very VERY skeptical... because, up to this point TB has always been portrayed as flirty, jealous, mean, stubborn, and with a very BAD attitude - NOT something I wish for my young daughter to watch!! But (thankfully) I ended up very pleasantly surprised! We both loved this movie! It's a very sweet, cute and even funny story... encouraging girls (esp) to be accepting of who they are, and to appreciate the gifts/talents they were given. I was pleased to find Tink sweet, caring, and helpful. It was refreshing to actually find a clean movie with good morals that I don't have to worry about my little one watching! This movie also some *beautiful* computer animations and an *amazing* score!
½ January 1, 2011
The wave of prequels coming out of Hollywood--many of which are designed to provide backstory and insight into a beloved character--has mostly skipped Disney's world. As a member of Peter Pan's legendary gang, Tinker Bell deserved better than she gets here especially considering the radical personality change she undergoes. Not only has she lost her spunk but she talks a lot more, has less confidence and Disney's animators delivered a look for her that indicates an effort subpar enough so as to be distracting. 6/21/9
½ April 13, 2010
I finally got up the courage to waste an hour plus of my day to watch the tinkerbell movie. Overall, it was not bad. The other fairies have better personalities than tink. She still is over rated. The end of the movie brings us to Wendy's home. There will be another Tink movie, which looks much better than this one. For now, I will continue to watch the fairy movies until the bore me.
February 17, 2009
What a cute movie!!! I didn't need to see Angelica Houston's name on the box or in the credits before I knew she was in it just by hearing her voice!!!
December 21, 2009
I was glad that Tinkerbell finally got her own movie! I liked that they did her backstory and everything. It was just a cute movie that you are sure to love of you like Tink
November 24, 2009
It looked pretty good, considering it is a DTD product, and the story is quite predictable and uninteresting for anyone over 7, but if they aren't, than this is suitable. Not offensive, and not terribly made, it's an easy breeze, forgettable, but you could do worse! (Little Mermaid 2 anybody?)
½ October 25, 2009
Though I was angered at the fact they gave Tinker Bell a voice (for her charm in getting her message across without words was amazing) angered me, I was quite surprised at how great this movie was. I just had to watch it again. Mae Whitman was a great voice for Tinker Bell (for I've always enjoyed her soft voice as Rose on American Dragon Jake Long), and the talent fairies who Tinkerbell became friends with were very cheerful and expressive. The colors of this movie are bright and cheerful, and you can't help but love it. I also love how at the end of this movie, they reference to Peter Pan with Wendy. The only thing I have to critique about this movie is that this Tinker Bell is completely different from the one we know and love. This Tinker Bell is nice and all, but she's not the sassy, head shaking, silent complainer that we all knew and loved already. I don't like the inconsistency, but still a great movie.
October 23, 2009
cute, funny, I will recomend this movie to all girls in the world, because the message is that of accepting who they are, and I know a lot of female counterparts that do not have self steem or have it low. I wish people were less materialistic and were more independant, I think with those cualities self steem would be always high!