Titanica Reviews

• Feb 18, 2016

I enjoyed this chilling underwater footage of the Titanic wreckage; but found the documentary lacking in detail.

• Alex r Super Reviewer
    May 07, 2014

Effective documentary on the Titanic disaster filmed in IMAX, I saw this originally when released, and enjoyed it thoroughly and thought it offered a different look at the famous shipwreck, which sank on April 14th, 1912. The Titanic disaster has interested many, and many documentaries have been filmed on the subject, but with Titanica, we get something more, a high definition look at the wreck, with very good narration by actor Leonard Nimoy. This is a must watch for viewers that are interested in the disaster and want to know more about the 1991 expedition to the wreck site. Brilliantly captured on film, this is one of the finest documentaries on the subject, only matched by Ghosts of the Abyss. Titanica is short and to the point, and thoroughly engaging from the first frame onwards. The way it's filmed is stunning, and you get a terrific and unique look of the wreck. Well worth checking out if you're interested in the subject.

• Feb 26, 2014

The importance of this film is the testimony of two survivors In their own voice.

• Aug 07, 2012

Saw this in an IMAX theater. I love Titanic movies and things but this was really boring and very gloomy.

• Apr 30, 2012

This has to be one of the worst documentaries I've ever seen! Boring, visually dull and featuring a Russian you can't understand, this film (if it even is one) is absolutely awful!

• Apr 19, 2012

3 - The IMAX film promises more than it actually delivers as underwater shots of the Titanic often seem murky and poorly angled. Accounts of the fight for survival are interesting, as is the historical footage that accompanies them, but talking heads and above surface footage of the modern research vessel are meh. As typical of IMAX documentaries, depth is lacking.,

• Apr 13, 2012

I found this unique because it was pre-James Cameron's "Titanic" so it's not really influenced by that film, but it does show how accurate that film actually is. "Titanica" is an informative and emotional documentary worth watching.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Apr 12, 2012

Titanica is a fair Titanic documentary that explores some thoughtful and intriguing material. The film documents a 1992 expedition to the underwater wreckage of the RMS Titanic, and provides some cursorily information about the ship, its fated voyage, and the controversy over salvaging the remains. Filmed in Imax, it goes into some fascinating detail in the mapping and photographing of the wreckage. And, actor Leonard Nimoy provides a powerful and commanding narration that services the film well. Titanica delivers a rare look at one of the most compelling disasters and discoveries in the 20th century.

• Apr 01, 2012

Interesting documentary look into the Titanic (made as an IMAX movie) with lots or Mir footage. The tragic sinking occurred 100 years ago on April 14.

• Mar 31, 2012

Good watch!! Very interesting!!

Good watch!! Very interesting!!