Transformers: Age of Extinction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Age of Extinction Reviews

February 24, 2017
I don't think the film series is as bad as what most people think, and this one isn't really the worst one. better than Revenge of the Fallen, but something about this one feels a bit odd in terms of story and structure. Cade is the best human character in this one and Lockdown is seriously the best villain the film series has. the new Autobots were enjoyable as well, but still, something about the story feels off in terms of structure. the last part in Hong Kong was just ridiculous though and it felt like nothing but filler. all in all, it's not that bad, bit the first one and Dark of the Moon are still the best ones, and I still have a small piece of hope for The Last Knight, especially since they have new screenplay writers for this one. (they wrote Iron Man and Black Hawk Down)
½ February 20, 2017
I grew up on Transformers, and I loved the cartoon show and the full-length cartoon movie. Optimus Prime was a hero of mine alongside Superman, and as a car nut, cars that transform into robots was awesome. That's why it's so sad what Michael Bay has created with these movies. The first of the series was pretty bad, but was watchable for the sheer fun of seeing Transformers in a live action movie and watching the hot Meghan Fox prancing around in Daisy Dukes.

The Age of Extinction is horribly written and follows the same script as the others. Even Bumblebee transforms yet again from an old '67 Camaro to a modern day Camaro. The story in brief is, the Autobots are being hunted by the American government, and a Decepticon mercenary. Good guys fight bad guys.

I'd like to beg J.J. Abrams to reboot the entire series and taken it away from Mr. Bay. A reboot with some semblance of a clever plot/story to save such a fantastic story.
February 17, 2017
Please stop. Just stop. Please.
½ February 15, 2017
I honestly don't get how people enjoyed these Transformers films. I'm only doing a review of this one because all four of these movies are the same. Generic action with cheesy dialogue, simple premise, overacting, and overused of unnecessary explosion and unnecessary CGI. It can be enjoyable at some point but overall, every Transformers movies are a huge mess.
February 9, 2017
Very Stupid And WHY DID RAINBOW DASH TURN INTO A MACHINE GUN!?
February 5, 2017
It's hard to get mad at a movie that has robots riding dinosaurs, but it's handled so chaotically I didn't care what was going on. It proves too much of the same thing can be exhausting and boring.
½ February 5, 2017
Okay maybe I kind of liked the film I really liked Mark Wahlberg in this movie he was awesome So Yeah Pretty Good GOOD JOB MICHAEL BAY! HAVE A COOKIE!
February 2, 2017
It's fine. Longer than it needed to be but a pleasant enough distraction.
January 30, 2017
When will Michael Bay understand that too much action makes for a boring film? The reason that none of these people are interesting is because he refuses to give them any breathing room between set pieces.
½ January 28, 2017
Transformers 4 was painful, but I'll give it this the action was alright, the CGI for the transformers was impressive still, but that's it everything else is shit
½ January 28, 2017
The best the franchise has given us, good effects and cool action. With that being said, it still suffers from the same thin writing and cringe worthy dialogue.
½ January 27, 2017
This is the worst peice of shit I have ever watched I hope that if you enjoy this movie you die in a FuckIng hole
½ January 21, 2017
At this point, we all know that Transformers is going to suck within each new release, but I guess if it remains successful with making money, then they are going to continue with this dragging, cliched, dull, and did I mention painfully dragging???? Age of Extinction manages to bring action with no substance, but it doesn't even feel fun anymore, even an action film with no substance can still be thrown off as a fun popcorn film, this one does nothing like that for me at all.
January 12, 2017
This movie lasts for 3 hours and none of it makes sense...
January 8, 2017
good movie liked it alot
January 6, 2017
Spoiler:. More of the original crew killed off ... not a fan.
January 6, 2017
Some movies are made to be pointless and full of special effects :) Stop hating ! The fans are enjoying and there's nothing you can do ;)
½ January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 3, 2017
While it was too long i recommend watching its a good 3 hour pass time.
½ January 1, 2017
This movie is an experiment to see how bad a movie can be and still make money. T4 is an insult to every age demographic. It is blatantly use of nostalgia to trick people into a theater. There is no reason a movie should be this bad. There is no reason this franchise is this bad. 1) No consistency between movies 2) No character development 3) Convoluted, attempts to beat you into submission with tediousness. 4) The trailers are like click bait. Promising one thing then not delivering. 5) It is like being Rick Rolled for 2.5 hours.
Basically the movie is garbage and someone should be ashamed.