Transformers: Age of Extinction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Age of Extinction Reviews

½ July 23, 2016
This could have at least been as good as the first movie, but as always what the trailer shows can actually be WAY better than the film should have been. While the human characters and acting was surprisingly better than the last movies and the darker tone and the visual effects were decent, the film's action and explosions (which makes up 80% of the movie) is actually quite boring. The performances of some actors (mostly Nicola Peltz) were just terrible, and there is a minimal amount of plot to deserve having this much action. The script from Ehren Kruger, who clearly should be fired by now, is also underwhelming and predictable. Seriously, why do these movies keep making money?
July 22, 2016
It's not at the originals peak 'average-ness', but nowhere near as bad as 2 and 3, 'Age of Extinction' is just a fun, throwaway summer movie, with an awful script, but reasonable direction from Bay. You won't remember it after a few hours of having seen it, but unlike the previous 2, it's not going to offend you and make you hate yourself for watching it.
July 20, 2016
The sequel to this is going to be awesome!
July 19, 2016
Better than the third one.
½ July 17, 2016
The Transformers franchise is boring now, the first one I really liked but this is a new low even for Michael Bay, who still follows the same dumb ideas from the previous movies, Mark Walberg is the only decent thing in this movie, the rest is just dumb dialogue and boom boom boom cliche Michael Bay explosions, it's BORING
July 17, 2016
Unlike the first, I actually really liked this. It's probably because no Shia Lebouf
July 15, 2016
What else should I have expected? Of course the tone-deaf attempts at humor are awful. Of course it's filled with Michael Bay's trademark (and annoying) canted angles, crane shots, and swirling helicopter shots. Of course there's lots of howlingly bad dialogue. Of course it's way too long (2 hours, 45 minutes!!!). Of course young, attractive women are fetishized. Of course there is blatant preduct placement (BUD LIGHT!). Of course the "hero" (Mark Wahlberg) is also one of the dumbest fathers on the planet. Of course human find a Trandformers weapons stash that just so happens to have tiny, human-sized weapons. Of course there are now dinosaur Transformers. Of course a new metal is named "Transformium." Of course, this is one of the worst films of the year.
July 13, 2016
This movie was so good to me!!!
½ July 13, 2016
so awful!!! that's all i can say.
July 12, 2016
The longer it runs, the worse it gets. And sadly, epic orchestrations only go so far.
July 11, 2016
2.0/10
One the worst movies to come out in the last few decades
July 9, 2016
Best Transformers since dark of the moon
½ July 4, 2016
Worst in the series, it really sucked
July 3, 2016
The CGI and fighting sequence between the auto bot and decepticons are the only two reasons this franchise is still around. The acting skills and one liners were very disappointing to see and hear.
June 30, 2016
The editing was so fast that it gives me a headache, the acting was awful, the story has major plot holes in it, and the story also goes from one story to follow all the way to another story. So you have difficulty on what to follow and there was too much conflict going on. But, to give creidit where creidit is due, the effects are very good, the music is neat, and the characters, mostly the Autobots, were cool. I'm also very glad that Optimus Prime is the Autobot that the human characters join with, just like how Sam was paired up with Bumblebee in the first three movies, since Optimus is my character. As a Transformers fan, including these movies especially the first film since it's one my favorite films ever, I didn't want to join the band wagon and hate these movies. As a Transformers fan, this movie is not good but not bad. It's just a clusterphobic oddball movie.
June 28, 2016
Perfect Film. Is all I have to say.
½ June 26, 2016
I'm going to sound like a broken record here but, Michael Bay sucks. This was a long, long, long...Zzzz zzz zzz zzz...oh sorry, long movie. Literally, the 1st 90 minutes is basically just Mark Wahlberg and his daughter arguing and trying to keep Optimus Prime hidden from a group of scientists who are trying to see if they can control all of technology through the robots. The 2nd half of the movie is where all the action is, and there is A LOT of it. Honestly, this movie started at 7:20, when the action at the end started I looked at my cell phone and it was 8:48, the action does not stop until almost the very last scene, the movie got out at 10:05. That is 1hr and 23 minutes of non stop nonsense of so much happening that you can't even really follow what is going on. The actual transforming of the robots still looks amazing, but I think now everyone is just tired of seeing the same movie over, and over, and over again, Michael Bay had the chance to do something different with the series, and a couple of things were different, but for the most part, it's been the same movie 4 times. Sorry, but I CANNOT RECOMMEND this, even if you liked the other ones, this movie is just Waaaaaaaay too long that your brain will just hurt.
½ June 26, 2016
When I went to see this film I expected it to be no different from the last while that is what transformers age of extinction is I definitely prefer it to revenge of the fallen and dark of the moon and what makes it better than the last 2 Transformers films is the fact that each autobots has been given there own personality to tell them apart and the cringe worthy, annoying hummer that was in the last 3 has been toned down and we are introduced to Lockdown the best transformers villain the series has ever seen and the special affects are top notch but the fact that Age of Extinction us almost 3 hours long and the dinobots getting less then 20 minutes of screen time, Nicola pelts and Jack Reynor coming off as annoying slightly stupid story prevents the film from being redeemable while The latest instalment in Michael Bays Transformers franchise is better than last 2 it doesn't even come close to being as good as Michael Bays first Transformers movie or the 2006 classic cartoon film based on the TV show overall TF4 is a deasant sequel to a shaky franchise but false to impress critics while impressing the general public like the last 3 did and in my opinion one of Michael bays better movies.
½ June 26, 2016
Not Good, Almost Bad, My Friend Liked it because he likes bad movies.
Some People Really Hate Seeing bad movies because they are so bad,
I went anyway because i thought it would be much better!
The Critics say it was Worse Than Transformers 3 but i think not!

TRANSFORMERS 3: Shit, A Disaster, And The Worst!
TRANSFORMERS 2: Not As Bad As 3 But worse than The one i am reviewing!
TRANSFORMERS: Good, People Really Love it!

This Doesn't Have Shia La Beouf but has Mark Wahlberg, But I Like Shia La Boeuf Better Because Sam is just outstanding.

Grade: C
½ June 25, 2016
Don't expect anything from this film except loud action, one dimensional characters, and an unnecessary overlong runtime of a mediocre plot. D+.