Transformers: Age of Extinction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Age of Extinction Reviews

May 20, 2018
This movie is horrible, Michael Bay's sequel 'Transformers: Age of Extinction' follows 'Dark of the Moon' and gives off a really interesting premise, since the military has been so boring in the previous film, this movie decides to make them the villain, the military has turned against the Transformers since they destroyed Chicago and they're all being hunted down. This could've been done well but Michael Bay decided that doing it well was boring and makes this cheap action movie. The special effects are awful compared to the previous 3 movies, everything feels fake, there are few transformations in this movie, which is baffling. The transformers transform off-screen essentially, since the robot forms don't even have car parts other than the chest plate, since the robot forms are designed weirdly to the point where the animator can't really transform them because they don't know how! The music in this film is good but ultimately wasted on this movie. The scenes with the transformers are fun and the new robots added to the crew are randomly added with no explanation and you can't remember their names. Newcomer Mark Wahlberg is not very good in the film given that he has nothing to work with and the girl who plays his daughter and the boyfriend character are awful, they cannot act. Those 2 characters are annoying and anytime they're on screen you wish that it would cut to something else. The story is boring and confusing with the primary focus being on the human characters, whose motivations are also nonexistent. The set-pieces aren't even good, the fights are bad because you don't know whose shooting at who, and you don't care. Acting is bad, Transformers are wasted, Stanley Tucci is kinda funny in this, the story is awful, and the movie ends on a cliffhanger for a sequel you didn't ask for. Unless you want to see Transformers occasionally, or just want to watch a stupid popcorn movie, then I do not recommend 'Transformers: Age of Extinction'
½ May 6, 2018
Pretty Stupid And WHY DID RAINBOW DASH TURN INTO A MACHINE GUN!?
April 23, 2018
it wasn't terrible but not great either but is better than the first three films also no Shia Lebouf to annoy me so win there this is a watch so go see it
½ April 12, 2018
the fourth 'transformers' installment has to be, creatively, the trashiest, most unimaginative and dullest of the lot so far. the middle-aged wahlberg lacks the charisma of shia labeouf, and a shoddy, decaying hong kong was evidently a poor choice of location. the script contains semi-sympathetic moments, but it is all too brief to breathe life into an inexorably deteriorating series.
March 31, 2018
3.5/10 It has a few moments, along with Mark Wahlberg's charisma, but ultimately Transformers: Age of Extinction has a stupid, convoluted plot with too many humans and not enough Transformers.
March 27, 2018
Great visuals, a few laughs and action packed. But the story lacks depth and it has way to many confusing scenes.
March 17, 2018
It┤s A Fourth Installment In A Michael Bay Blockbuster
What Do You Expect?
March 16, 2018
I had seen this movie with my dad but I missed some of the parts from it but it's okay. This movie is okay but it's not the best but I liked it and it was kind of good to me.
March 12, 2018
It's a movie with a very good trilogy however, in the fourth movie, there was a change in the main human character. Because it's a car-based movie, people think nothing different happened, but I think it really affected their perfect trilogy. Joao pedro e natalia 2E
March 10, 2018
Great movie!! Love it so much. Mark Wahlberg was outstanding in this movie. And Nicola Peltz is smoking hot. Michael Bay should be proud of himself for making this franchise. The action was fun to watch, it was so intense. It's complete bullshit that people think this movie is one of the worst. It's absolutely not. It was one of the best movies of 2014. Such an excellent sci-fi action movie.
½ March 2, 2018
3 hours of explode-y boredom. Unacceptable.
½ February 28, 2018
For some reason, I convinced myself to go see this film. I do not know what I was expecting, but what I got was something terrible. Even with such actors as Mark Wahlberg and Stanley Tucci, this film was so badly written that the shallow characterizations could not be saved. To add insult to injury, this movie's trash gets to smell worse over an unnecessarily long run time. Michael Bay has established himself as a mediocre filmmaker that can make money. That is really all he is good for. Between the poorly structured story, distasteful humor, shameless product placement, etc., I could not wait to leave the theater at the end.
½ February 25, 2018
There's the good balancing act scence...
½ February 16, 2018
The only thing I found wrong with this movie was a plot hole. Every thing else, Story, acting, effects., all great. But the ability of Galvatron and his cronies to do that fluid transformation suddenly disappeared for the end fight. What happened?
½ February 11, 2018
BORING BORING BORING!!!!! at 165 almost 3 hours of robot fighting with absolutely no story
February 8, 2018
IS TOO ULTRA MEGA DISASTROUS MOVIE AND IT'S HORRIBLE AND IT'S A WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WORST LIKE JACK AND JILL, WORST LIKE DONKEY KONG COUNTRY THE SHOW THAT MY BROTHER HATE THAT SHOW, WORST LIKE TTG BECAUSE IT'S HORRIBLE, WORST LIKE MAC AND ME, AND I WILL GOING TO SAY WORST LIKE KIRBY RIGHT BACK AT YA IS THE GROSS, PILE OF DIRT BOX,AND WORST 2001 AND 2000 STUPID 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO MANY OF THIS WORST MOVIES FROM ALL ENTIRE YEARS FROM THE 80s, 90s, 2000s, AND 2010s OF ALL BAD TIME SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!
½ February 3, 2018
Though the cinematography overall wasn't very pleasing, the wonderful design, plot, and meaning were enough to prove that this film is the best fourth installment you will ever find.
½ January 30, 2018
A movie that starts as a 5/10 and continually goes down hill as it goes. with a 2 hour and 45 minute run time you'll find that continually banging your head against a wall is not only a better use of your time, you'll lose less brain cells as well
January 30, 2018
the visuals were okay and so was the sound but i find this latest entry to be the worst and quite frankly boring
January 10, 2018
The worst of the series, stumbles through set pieces without any characters or an understandable story. It feels like a vehicle for Chinese audiences, and you can tell Michael Bay is not putting his heart into this one at all.