Trouble with the Curve - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trouble with the Curve Reviews

½ October 20, 2016
Good cast mostly redeems a totally by-the-numbers script. My soft spot for Eastwood and Goodman may have played into some of the enjoyment I got from it though.
October 11, 2016
Clint Eastwood is great to watch and at his best. The supporting cast struggles with a very predictable and somewhat silly sidestory. Although I love Amy Adams and there´s good chemistry between her and Clint Eastwood, it doesn´t work that good with Justin Timberlake.
½ September 9, 2016
Excellent directing, excellent acting. Hands down a great metaphor for life and baseball is that medium here.
August 19, 2016
awesomeness movie one of the best I've seen in along time. Clint Eastwood, another outstanding job like always he just never lets you down. Justin Timberlake was also excellent along with Amy Adams, I must say this is the movie to watch with that special someone. Excellent must see movie take a look for yourself.....
½ July 24, 2016
I thought this was a good sports film and film in general. The acting was good and it felt very realistic. However, it got a bit slow at times. I would probably watch it again. 7.5/10
July 16, 2016
Clint Eastwood is Gus Lobel an aging scout for the Atlanta Braves. He is stubborn, crotchety and tough to deal with. He is denying his age, and as a result his friends John Goodman and Amy Adams become concerned about him. Adams, his daughter decides to travel with him as together they scout what could be baseballs new number one prospect. Eastwood is determined that the new prospect has a trouble with the curve ball, but others wonder if he has past his prime. Trouble with the Curve is an average movie with that does not disappoint, but does not leave much room for surprise. It can be watched by anyone that is a fan of anyone of the actors in the film, or baseball fans, but will not extend or anyone else outside of that scope.
½ July 16, 2016
I liked this. As a big fan of Eastwood, especially in his older age, I really enjoyed this. Some cheese, especially from JT, but overall a great movie worth watching, especially if you like baseball and Clint.
June 13, 2016
A good script, good acting, good director, good camera men. Loved it!
½ June 11, 2016
Trouble with the movie. It's boring! Fuck Clint Eastwood and that young douche-bag.
May 17, 2016
Clint reminds me of my dad, I like all his stuff
½ March 25, 2016
Moneyball is probably in the top ten baseball movies of all time. This movie is exactly the opposite of Moneyball. I'm ok with that. Scouts are a huge part of the game. They protect the future of the team. However, this guy might be the the worst scout ever. The chemistry between the crew is really bad. Most of the time Clint Eastwood look uncomfortable with Amy Adams. Clint looked awkward with his own son Scott. Like neither of them wanted to be there. Clint might be hitting the point where his name is worth more than his talent.
½ March 17, 2016
While there is little here to surprise you, Eastwood and Adams deliver such high calibre performances that even Justin Timberlake is tolerable. The father daughter relationship is powerfully real in its dysfunction and the genuine emotional relationships make the picture well worth your time.
½ February 24, 2016
Enjoyable. Amy Adams is great. Good story.
November 28, 2015
The film hits a bunch of familiar notes, but does so in a satisfying way. There's not too much else to say.
½ November 1, 2015
I thought the love story between Adams and Timberlake was sweet and very well done. The family drama, by the numbers, whatever. However the baseball aspect of it was very disappointing. The knowledge of the game was poor and that's more to be expected. But the staged action was really bad, they looked like little leaguers out there.
September 24, 2015
Very light film which is easy enough to sit through, and despite some poorly written characters and moments within the script, the film is lifted by the performances of Amy Adams and Clint Eastwood. Timberlake, whilst an adequate actor who tries hard in the role, feels miscast against the high quality of Adams and Eastwood.
½ September 2, 2015
Great performances by Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams and Justin (he can act!) Timberlake. Eastwood as a gristly, aging scout vs. Matthew Lillard as a by-the-numbers analytics guru. Baseball is the real star of this movie. Lots of fun following the game with Gus, Mickey and Johnny.
½ August 12, 2015
Trouble with the Curve is a decent film. It is about an ailing baseball scout in his twilight years takes his daughter along for one last recruiting trip. Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams give good performances. The script is a little slow in places. Robert Lorenz did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.
July 27, 2015
Well, I finally got to see Clint Eastwood on the Big Screen and man am I glad I waited, because even at 82 years old, the man can still act, and act effectively. Everyone in this has great chemistry with everyone else but especially Eastwood and Amy Adams who play father & daughter and it works perfectly. The daughter who is trying to be something that she doesn't want to be just so her father will be happy with her, and the father who is a grumpy old man, who loves the game of baseball, misses his deceased wife and who abandoned that same daughter. I was looking forward to this one for a long time and it did not disappoint at all. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for Clint Eastwood fans, baseball movie fans, and fans of movies with great acting.
½ July 6, 2015
Gus Lobel has been one of the best scouts in baseball for decades, but age is starting to catch up with him and the front office of the Atlanta Braves is starting to question his judgment. The one person who might be able to help is his daughter, Mickey, an associate at a high-powered Atlanta law firm whose drive and ambition has put her on the fast track to becoming partner. Mickey has never been close to her father, who was ill-equipped to be a single parent after the death of his wife. Against her better judgment, and over Gus's objections, Mickey joins him on his latest scouting trip to North Carolina, jeopardizing her own career to save his. Forced to spend time together for the first time in years, each makes new discoveries.