The Trumpet of the Swan Reviews

• Aug 24, 2018

Good cast and nice animated story for the whole family to enjoy

Good cast and nice animated story for the whole family to enjoy

• Aug 11, 2016

Based on E.B. White's novel, The Trumpet of the Swan didn't do its source justice.

• May 26, 2016

Embarrassing adaptation with no redeeming qualities that is so abysmal you'd be better off.... ehhh doing anything else

• Jul 26, 2015

That's the sound of romance! A proud pair of Trumpet Swans give birth to a baby swan that unfortunately grows up without a voice that his parents can hear or understand. One day he comes across a silver trumpet that gives him a voice that allows him to communicate. He restores his place in the flock but trouble with humans is afoot. "We did it! An egg! My egg!" "Our egg." Terry Noss (Dennis the Menace and the Swan Princess) and Richard Rick (Black Cauldron and The Fox and the Hound) collaborate to deliver The Trumpet of the Swan. The storyline for this picture is average and on par with Swan Princess. The animation is just okay and the voices were provided by Jason Alexander, Reece Witherspoon, Seth Green, and Joe Montegna. "I haven't got to the part about objections yet." I came across this on HBOGO and decided it may be a fun movie to watch with my daughter. She adored it beginning to end. I cannot say this is anything special, or worth purchasing, but it is worth a viewing once with your child. "Go easy on the baked beans." Grade: C

• Aug 16, 2014

While it does go rather overly twee for its own good quite often, the film was cute, and enjoyable throughout (heck, it didn't even have cringe-inducing songs, which is more than quite a few animated films can claim). It does play out in some ways rather similarly to the vastly superior "Happy Feet", but at least it's not completely the same. It's probably meant more for young children, but you can do much, much worse as far as light animated diversion goes.

• Jan 18, 2013

"The Trumpet of the Swan" entretiene a los niños sanamente pero no ofrece nada para la audiencia mayor.

• Oct 03, 2012

Even though there are only a few appeals, the animated adaptation of another E.B. White's novel is a film for youngsters like the ones who watch another kiddie show "Dragon Tales." (C+)

• Sep 30, 2012

I give this one star, because this film did not follow the original book that well. I was very excited when I first heard that there was a movie to one my favorite books, but when the movie was over, I had mixed feelings. I was throughly disappointed with this movie. In fact, the animation is not that good. It isn't horrible, but it isn't good, either.

• Jul 07, 2012

follows the book better than most movies.

follows the book better than most movies.

• May 13, 2012