Under Siege Reviews

• 2d ago

Tremendous, you won't regret watching this action pact saga xx

Tremendous, you won't regret watching this action pact saga xx

• Apr 18, 2021

Steven Seagal's Die Hard remake, set on a navy battleship. Tommy Lee Jones and and Gary Busey seem to be having a ball playing a pair of unhinged villains. Under Seige's plot is formulaic, but the naval action feels authentic, thanks to having been filmed aboard an actual battleship.

• Feb 11, 2021

Steven Segal is a total fat fake! All he does is wave his hands around and does simple forward kicks like an amateur cheerleader.

• Dec 26, 2020

Excellent early 90s action movie and a fun watch

Excellent early 90s action movie and a fun watch

• Dec 18, 2020

I'm sorry, but this is simply the best movie ever made. It's got everything: Steven Segal. OK, stop there. No, carry on. I should stipulate at this point, that for the avoidance of doubt, I think movies are only good if they are trash movies. This film, Under Siege, out-does any of your "high culture" French or Japanese arty directors and films (Hiroshima mon amour, Mizoguchi, Les Enfants du Paradis ... I mean, YAWN, right?). Trash doesn't get better than this. In fact nothing gets better than this. Surprisingly for a film set on board a US warship, it has an absolutely alluring, some might say pneumatic young female co-star, who bursts out of a cake for no-one to see. This is the deliciously pouting and scandalously little-known actress Erika Eleniak, who, well, obviously has a positive rating from me in respect of her portrayal of the inadvertent heroine of this film. Disclaimer: I can't rule out the possibility that her deeply distracting breasts may have had *some* influence on my appraisal of this film, but on a very real level this is irrelevant: great art is numinous (an adjective one synonym of which is "awe-inspiring"). In short, if you haven't seen this film yet, you don't know you're born. Being Trash it must presumably be downloadable via all your favourite tax-evading Cyber-Corp streaming platforms for a couple of quid / dollars / Euros / Roubles/ Rupees.

• Sep 27, 2020

Howling at the thought of Tommy Lee Jones' band in this, Bad Billy and the Bail Jumpers, but instead of weak white blues they've got Seagal playing that epic two note guitar solo.

• Jul 28, 2020

I tried to give Seagal an opportunity but he has 0 charisma, I don't know who told him he could be an action star. The movie is very generic and forgettable.

• May 23, 2020

Base on the 2020's standard, the plot seems too old and expected. However, this may be the first teaching material of such action movies.

• Apr 21, 2020

Ahhh, the glory days when Steven Seagal was svelte and trim instead of looking like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. A solid action movie. Good fight coordination, excellent supporting actors (especially Tommy Lee Jones), great sets and explosions for such confined spaces. The only downside is Erika Eleniak, who is just absolutely annoying as the hot girl.

• Apr 19, 2020

Tommy Lee Jones is great as unhinged villain. Segal's quiet but collected demeanor sells his role as a reluctant ex seal, whose lethal training gets pushed to it's limits