Unfinished Sky Reviews

• Dec 29, 2016

The Role Played By Monic Hendrickx Is Somewhat Memorizing, I Felt William Could Of Driven His Performance A Little More Thoroughly. The Story Eventually Tacks A Different Direction, Somewhat Predictably. There Is A Bit Of Mystery, But It Otherwise Ends In A Rather Typical Manner. Mixing Romance & Horror-Thriller In A Outback Region Is A Weird Combination..But It Does Kinda Work. What Was Missing (And Is Revealed More In Deleted Secnes On The DVD) Was A Little More Comic-Serendipity Moments & Story Depth For The Farmer. At 85min It Brushes Through Things Pretty Quickly.

• Dec 08, 2014

I enjoyed this. The characters are compelling and the actors relate well to each other. The blackouts to show the passage of time annoyed me as did the quick resolution after the resolution (two endings really.) When McInnes shaves 3/4 way through the movie, I'm not sure I paid attention to the story much after. Both actors carry the movie on sheer beauty alone.

• Sep 29, 2014

Very enjoyable film to watch. The older original version is called The Polish Bride.

• Aug 10, 2014

Beautifully suspenseful and evocative.

Beautifully suspenseful and evocative.

• Jan 19, 2014

Shame no info on lead characters. Thought it a great movie. Ending cool. The entire movie cool.

• Aug 30, 2013

A gritty film with a good ending. I may need to watch this again.

A gritty film with a good ending. I may need to watch this again.

• Aug 18, 2013

Why do they always have to kill the dog in the movies? I really liked the movie, but had a hard time understanding even the Australian accent. Did she end up with him in the end, or sent back?

• Aug 06, 2013

A small, satisfying movie and worth a watch. Well put together. Sneaks up on you.

• Jul 01, 2012

An emotionally authentic and interesting film (that just happens to be from Australia).

• Panta O Super Reviewer
    Dec 22, 2011

This Australian drama is written and directed by Peter Duncan but it is actually kind of a remake of the 1998 Dutch film "De Poolse bruid". I am recommending it if you are not familiar with the Australian cinematography because somehow manages to gather everything important from it... The story about an outback farmer (William McInnes) who takes in an Afghani woman (Monic Hendrickx) after she escapes from a brothel is very touching one. The film takes on many themes - from human trafficking and the sex trade, hard life in the outback, to the corruption in police. Nominated for 10 Australian Film Institute Awards at its 2008 ceremony, it won three, including Best Screenplay, Best Actress (Monic Hendrickx) and Best Actor (William McInnes). Very smooth performance from one of my favourite actors made this film exceptional. I hope you'll have a chance to enjoy watching it, too!