Untouchable Reviews

• Mar 05, 2019

Untouchable is uncomfortable- as is its intention- by asking viewers if redemption for sex offenders is possible.

• Jan 21, 2019

This documentary was a game changer for me in terms of the social science around recovery and rehabilitation for people who have committed sex crimes. I am a mental health professional and now recognize the false assumptions which permeate the field. It is an uncomfortable film to watch, yet all of the characters are compelling; you want to know their story. It is a film that illuminates the humanity on both sides of the issue and calls for change that just makes sense.

• Jan 16, 2019

Untouchable is a must see for any person who has ever questioned, challenged or even considered the issue of the Sex Offender Registry. Law enforcement, law makers, lawyers, victims, family members of those who are on the registry, everyone should see this movie. It's a poignant and balanced look at the effect of the Sex Offender Registry but also the need for it. David Feige does an amazing job of balancing the human interest stories from both sides and leaves you with only one conclusion....while it may be necessary, it also needs to be reformed and reconsidered. I honestly cannot say enough great things about this movie. It is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen and definitely one of the best in the past 10 years.

• Jan 16, 2019

Untouchable exposes us to the lives of people, who we should have every reason to loath, specifically those who have been convicted of sexually molesting children. The very act of being introduced to these individuals no doubt makes us uncomfortable. And our discomfort grows as we learn more about them and come to appreciate that these are human beings, some of whose crimes may be less egregious then we at first would have imagined. The world that Untouchable seeks to illuminate is populated by victims, perpetrators, professionals and those who have been drawn into their orbits. It is a world that under the director's nuanced scrutiny, takes on colorations that are not always starkly defined, that exhibit gradations of color and significance. Likewise, It is to the director's credit that the characters in this film all exhibit a compelling integrity, which does not preclude us from rendering judgment about their deeds, but does invite us to see a more complex picture. Translating such a picture into public policy becomes the challenge that this film implicitly issues to its viewers.

• Jan 15, 2019

Wow. What an amazing subject to bring forward to the public in this very thought provoking and sensitive film. It really made me think about how our laws are made and question the effectiveness of the one-size-fits all approach to punishing sexual misconduct.

• Jan 14, 2019

I saw this film when it premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival, and it stuck with me. Powerful, painful and totally haunting it's one of the few films I've ever seen that got me thinking in ways that actually changed my mind about a subject. Seriously one of the best docs I've ever seen.