Velvet Buzzsaw Reviews

• 4d ago

A mixture of satire, light comedy, and a heavy dose of gothic horror. Great movie!

• Sep 10, 2019

I'd recommend even if just to see Jake Gyllenhaals goofy yet brilliant performance.

• Sep 09, 2019

zawe Ashton?? I mean jesus,, no beauty and expressionless face with lame acting, and I was about to vomit when she grabbed the hand of jake,,,!

• Aug 25, 2019

This art horror was a bit strange and sadly suffered from having most of the scares in the trailer. It was very interesting though and kept me watching. It was cool to see how the art world works, but on a horror level,overall, it missed out on being a truly scary movie.

• Aug 07, 2019

This movie's production values are very high, so if you like the subject matter more than I did you'll probably love the film. It has great acting all around, with a funny script that delivers biting satire of the art industry. That coupled with the supernatural horror elements makes this an absolutely unique experience. Lots of weirdness coupled with intermittent gore and some sex will keep this from rising above cult classic status, like much of the John Carpenter backlog. Still, it's much better than the majority of its peers and avoids the slowness that plagues many Netflix endeavors. Closest Comparison: It's as if David Lynch directed a John Carpenter movie. Setting: Drama Plot: Horror Tone: Drama, then Horror

• Aug 06, 2019

A bore of a film that squandered its talented cast. One or two creepy moments, but all in all, a complete misfire. 2/5

• Aug 06, 2019

One of Jake Gyllenhaal's worst movies

One of Jake Gyllenhaal's worst movies

• Aug 02, 2019

Tonally all over the place and not as entertaining.

Tonally all over the place and not as entertaining.

• Jul 29, 2019

This movie was really awful. Super frustrating from beginning to end and hard to watch because the storyline was all over the place. Along with the subpar acting.

• Jul 28, 2019

Jake Gyllenhaal's over-the-top performance and the last half-hour (which will have you on the edge of your seat like no other film) more than make up for an excruciatingly boring first hour-and-a-half.