Vincere Reviews

• Oct 21, 2015

The montage of actual historical footage & fictional scenes made the 1st half looking broken & disjointed. The 2nd half is better for being more on the fictional side. Some decent acting though.

• Sep 06, 2014

Vincere is one of the finest movies I've seen. I knew about Ida Dalser from my interest in Interwar Italy, but to see their love story in film was something . . . Quite different. The one word I would use to describe this film and its contents--its emotions, intrigue, Mussolini's early betrayal of his wife and son as he broke from the Socialists to join the war and climb onto Italy's national stage, and, of course, Fabrizio Costella's hauntingly accurate portrayal of the young DVX is simply: "Wow".

• Sep 09, 2012

...mi aspettavo di più, nel complesso un film inferiore al solito Bellocchio, anche se la storia reale offre molti spunti. Non mi è piaciuta Giovanna Mezzogiorno.

• Jul 10, 2012

Incoherent start and zero dramatic tension.

Incoherent start and zero dramatic tension.

• Jun 20, 2012

I really enjoyed this documentary, and even more interpretations, very intense.

I really enjoyed this documentary, and even more interpretations, very intense.

• Mar 22, 2012

Great melodrama both politically and romantically!

Great melodrama both politically and romantically!

• Feb 18, 2012

Well made movie. The story, unfortunately is depressing - and based on a true story

• Jan 03, 2012

I giggled, sighed, screamed, shouted, cried about injustices, read the biography of Mussolini, and left me wanting to see more Italian films. Vincere works on many levels that ultimately left me satisfied.

• Dec 14, 2011

An attempt quite valid, but not always exciting to bring a historical myth to the real world, and lead the viewer's eyes to an unknown history of ambition beyond measure.

• Nov 17, 2011

(*** 1/2): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] Very well-acted and interesting.