Voyages Reviews

• Apr 21, 2013

A beautifully constructed film with magnificent perfomances by all involved, 'Voyages' is a little-known gem about three Jewish women trying to reconstruct their lives and family histories many years after the Holocaust. Finkiel, who previously worked with Kieslowski on his 'Colours' trilogy, has absorbed some of the Polish film-maker's influence but this stands on its own right as a subtle and emotional tour-de-force.

• Mar 07, 2011

A very powerful picture. I saw it at the Cleveland Cinematheque several years ago. The story is always indirect, but when the pieces come together the attentive view cries because the lives of the characters come so close to one's own. Very few films transfer the emotional power of drama like this. I think it helps that the primary language of the film is French.

• Jan 30, 2010

(***): Thumbs Up A well-acted and touching film.

(***): Thumbs Up A well-acted and touching film.