WarGames (War Games) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

WarGames (War Games) Reviews

August 21, 2017
Never did I think a game of tic-tac-toe would be so damn intense.
July 18, 2017
Movie about a teenager who accidentally accesses the federal governments war room computer. One of my all time favorite movies. The reason why I became a network engineer.
July 15, 2017
Extremely good...as relevant as it was when it came out in the 80's
½ March 31, 2017
I liked this movie, and I can see why it's a classic. But it's honestly kind of forgettable. Good anyways.
March 25, 2017
its a little bit cheesy but surprisingly accurated, really suspenseful and has a great cast and a great story executed really well. truly an underrated classic of the 80s
February 21, 2017
Sivistyaukkojen paikkailua... Aikansa tuote joka ei lopussa enää oikein kunnolla saa jännitystä aikaiseksi. Osittain kömpelön sotaproseduurien kuvauksen takia. Alkupuolisko toimii ja ymmärtääkseni leffan hakkerointi on aika aidosti kuvattu. Nuoressa Matthew Broderickissa on kyllä jotain ärsyttävää vaikka tässä hän ei ole läheskään Ferris Buellerin kaltainen sosiopaatti mutta silti taas sellainen muka-fiksu tyhjäntoimittaja joka ei välitä tekojensa seurauksista. *** /5
½ February 2, 2017
There are so many things that are great about this movie, it's hard to start. I would say, my favorite part is the end when Joshua's tic-tac-toe game is going head-to-head with Thermonuclear War. But the process is interesting, too, and I am glad I took the time.
½ January 27, 2017
9.5 out of 10:

Even if it's a bit predictable, Wargames manages to be a really good Cold War movie with a smart and suspenseful story, good acting, and great writing.
January 9, 2017
Rewatched it recently and (aside from the painful technology) it has withheld the test of time. Decent story, pace, characters.
½ January 7, 2017
I'm getting too old for very nice movies with probles with holes in the plot... Just dont run for the stairs when there's a killer behind you,,, run for the street!
½ December 25, 2016
High schooler nearly triggers nuclear war by hacking into gov't defense system. Opened our eyes to the power of the computer with Broderick doctoring his grades. Adapted to video game by ColecoVision--similar to Atari's Missile Command.
½ December 2, 2016
This is like the ultimate hacker movie about a teenager who hacks the Pentagon, nearly starting a nuclear war. I love the disillusioned computer programmer, Stephen Falken, who retreats to an island following the death of his family.
November 10, 2016
A movie that manages to be incredibly intelligent and suspenseful at the same time, also including a great coming of age angle. All around great thriller.
November 6, 2016
WarGames is a tense, fast-paced 80s classic with a starmaking performance from pre-Ferris Matthew Broderick.
½ October 26, 2016
It was a good movie, just don't take it too seriously. Love looking at all those old computers. Look, floppy disks!
July 5, 2016
Another good Matthew Broderick film
June 9, 2016
This film is genuinely the funniest thing I've seen in a long time (unintentionally of course)
½ April 25, 2016
The original computer hacker movie. Video games and a possible World War III, what could be cooler in an 80s movie. The obvious technology advancements over the past 30 years since the film was made is both apparent and comical, yet the message and premise of the movie stay weather strong. Rating: 7.75 / 10
½ March 12, 2016
A sort of back to the future experience to only see it for the first time in 2015.... Clever story and enough twists to keep it interesting even so. Was encouraged to check it out after reading Ernest Cline's Ready Player One.
March 9, 2016
Truly an underrated film with video games sounds to add in the mix. PC MASTER RACE!!!!