Waterhole No. 3 Reviews

• Oct 29, 2019

The movie was hilarious but today every group there is would boycott it. It's one of the most politically incorrect and offensive movies I've ever watched.

• Oct 26, 2019

This is one of the few western movies I have seen that is successful as a comedy. Rape is presented as an insignificant crime in this movie, giving the film a rather bad message. However that is part of what makes this movie so humorous. The singing/narration in the movie that is very appropriately sung by Roger Miller, is a perfect addition to the hilarious plot. This is the first movie that I have seen Carroll O'Connor in and I think that his performance is without a doubt the best among the other actors in this movie.

• Feb 08, 2019

Waterhole #3 is one of my all time favorite movies of the 1960's. A great cast with stars James Coburn and Carroll O'connor, with small role, played by a young Bruce Dern, ("Ain't that right John?"). Every once in a while, the narrative theme, and some of the lyrics, sung by Roger Miller, come to mind. They still make me smile, as does the overall film. I'm not sure that many young people, and those that insist on political correctness. Would enjoy it in the present day, but it still apparently gets good reviews, from those that come across it.

• Mar 27, 2018

Awesome soundtrack! Lots of clever dialogue.

Awesome soundtrack! Lots of clever dialogue.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Sep 15, 2015

What's the difference between the terms "criminal" and "rogue"? This film's opinion is that its only a matter of presentation. And so it is that James Coburn's character kills a man in a cowardly and despicable manner and then goes from there to rape a woman and its A-OK in this stilted and cross-eyed piece of work that's main excuse is that its trying to be funny. Instead its "meh". There was something I enjoyed here, and that was Carroll O'Connor performing w/o that Archie Bunker affectation over everything - he really was a good actor. Pass it by.

• Sep 01, 2015

Steve McQueen gets the credit for being the King of Cool during this era. To me James Coburn epitomized cool and style. Which is why this film is disappointing.

• Feb 14, 2015

I'd never seen this western before or knew much about it, so it was surprising to find out it was kind of a comic remake of "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly." James Coburn plays The Good, Claude Akins and Timothy Carey are the bad and Carroll O'Connor is the ugly. All of them trying to find some lost army gold. Directed by William Graham who never did much else of note (unless you count "Return to the Blue Lagoon"), it's a n amiable if unspectacular 60s comic western. Margaret Blye, Joan Blondell, Bruce Dern and James Whitmore also appear in the film.

• Feb 07, 2015

good humor with good cast and good laughs! Fun Western !

good humor with good cast and good laughs! Fun Western !

• Aug 14, 2014

terrible film, that basically skirts around the fact Billee gets raped and makes out it's okay as most of the men would do the same. Truly shocking.

• Jul 02, 2014

I was horrified that rape here is treated like a repeat joke through the whole movie. It's just unbelievable, even for the sixties. I didn't find the rest of it that funny either.