We Are Marshall Reviews

• Sep 12, 2020

One of my favorite movies ever! πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

One of my favorite movies ever! πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

• Jun 26, 2020

The script finds nothing new to say and fails to balance the full wight of the tragedy with the Football elements. With a cast this fantastic it should have been better.

• Jun 22, 2020

Good movie. A wee surprised the final speech wasn't better.

Good movie. A wee surprised the final speech wasn't better.

• Jun 06, 2020

I'm from The Ohio Valley, so this film holds a special place in my heart. It brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it.

• May 26, 2020

An overall decent movie. A little cliche and possibly tries TOO hard to be inspirational but it's one of those typical feel good sports movies, and it's worth a watch.

• Sep 30, 2019

Its decent is some regards. But it didn't move me or inspire me in any way. Its over 2 hours long and it could of been trimmed down a lot.

• Aug 21, 2019

Very good football 🏈 film.

Very good football 🏈 film.

• May 26, 2019

Awesome movie! This is a very moving story about the true story of the Marshall University football team following a plane crash tragedy which killed most of their football team as well as several prominent members of their community. Outstanding performances by McConaughey and especially Matthew Fox. Five stars!

• Feb 11, 2019

When I first saw this I remember feeling like the ending wasn't satisfying and even that Matthew McConaughey's performance was annoying. I don't feel that way anymore. The character he portrays here is definitely a bit socially awkward, but good-hearted and very clever in the use of parable to get his points across. This in turn shows the amazing things that can fall in your lap if you just literally ask for them. Speaking to people is almost becoming a lost art, but if you want something, there are often many ways to steer a conversation in order to get the thing that you want. There is a lot of survivor guilt in this film, and it of course addresses the issues with letting someone go after the loss of a life. None of this is easy subject matter, but it feels like it's handled well. The music selection for the soundtrack is spot on and there isn't any ham or cheese acting to taint the film. Maybe not my favorite, but a good sports film in spite of that.

• Dec 28, 2018

It’s an inspirational and satisfying movie. It’s better than 43%. User score is much more accurate than the critic score.