The Wedding Singer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wedding Singer Reviews

July 10, 2017
Another Adam Sandler classic.
June 9, 2017
An actual good Adam Sandler movie!
½ May 29, 2017
This was so close to working flawlessly, but of course the Sandler comedy (which, he didn't even write this, but it is written by a frequent collaborator) had to be added, and it didn't work. It wasn't very funny, and felt VERY out of place, it was just abruptly put in. I didn't like the first half as much as the second, but it was still ok. The two most memorable parts, I think, are the Linda song and the plane song (I don't know the titles/names of the songs.) I think if they had just gone full romantic drama, or made the comedy less, oh, what's the word, I guess strong maybe, then they would have had a great movie. But as it is, it's alright, but I definitely don't think I can watch it too many times. Also, I honestly don't think I like it as much as 50 First Dates.
½ February 28, 2017
One of Adam Sandlers best.
½ February 18, 2017
Adam Sandler has impressive acting chops that are stretched so well with Drew Barrymore.
February 8, 2017
Always a fun movie to watch
January 30, 2017
See also 50 First Dates
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 6, 2016
Sandler's best movie has a lot of heart and funny moments,
½ November 7, 2016
Released in Sandler's nineties heyday, The Wedding Singer wasn't as funny as I hoped it would be, and was far, FAR less original. It's an unbelievably rehashed film, stealing just about every romcom trope from all the other movies in the genre, and stitching them together to create a plot that's as haphazard as it is trite. The 3rd act is especially tiring to watch, firmly bleeding the cliché well dry with an ending so predictable you'll guess it in the first 10 minutes. It does have its upsides fortunately. Many of the jokes are funny, Sandler is playing a character who is well intentioned and endearing, a far cry from his modern output, and Drew Barrymore is as cute and can be as the love interest. Though if she is so sweet, charming and down to earth, how does she end up engaged to such a total douche? Again, a cliché romcoms seem pathologically unable to avoid. It's easily one of Sandler's best film, which, nowadays, isn't much of a compliment, but there's much better flicks out there.
October 18, 2016
Like any Sandler movie, it's not going to be watched for it's quality. It's more than likely rewatched several times to laugh at certain moments.
½ October 16, 2016
10/15/2016: A pretty good 80's themed rom-com. It was pretty funny and had a good story.
½ October 15, 2016
One of Sandler's best films, even though it's not perfect!
Horror Movie Project
September 12, 2016
The Wedding Singer is Adam Sandlers greatest film to date. It has comedy and romance but above all, it has heart. Right from the beginning you could tell that this was a special movie.
½ August 13, 2016
An enjoyable story with some good laughs.
½ August 12, 2016
Charming in both plot and mood - I have a soft spot for the 1980s so this was pretty much guaranteed to be a winner but it's also structurally a sound rom-com. Early-career Sandler is also easy to like, as is the rest of the cast (including a Barrymore who is suspiciously advanced enough in fashion to reflect the 1990s methinks).
August 11, 2016
Wedding singer gets dumped at the alter and his life becomes miserable until he meets engaged waitress Drew Barrymore. Arguably Adam Sandlers best movie.
½ August 3, 2016
Adorbs really. A simpler time when Drew was the sweetheart and Adam wasn't annoying as all hell.
August 2, 2016
I miss watching this movie.
½ August 1, 2016
My favorite Adam Sandler movie, thinly had less to to with him and more to do with a creative story ... a winsome performance by Drew Berrymore ... and fun memory lane 80s tunes.