The Wedding Singer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wedding Singer Reviews

October 18, 2016
Like any Sandler movie, it's not going to be watched for it's quality. It's more than likely rewatched several times to laugh at certain moments.
½ October 16, 2016
10/15/2016: A pretty good 80's themed rom-com. It was pretty funny and had a good story.
½ October 15, 2016
One of Sandler's best films, even though it's not perfect!
September 12, 2016
The Wedding Singer is Adam Sandlers greatest film to date. It has comedy and romance but above all, it has heart. Right from the beginning you could tell that this was a special movie.
½ August 13, 2016
An enjoyable story with some good laughs.
½ August 12, 2016
Charming in both plot and mood - I have a soft spot for the 1980s so this was pretty much guaranteed to be a winner but it's also structurally a sound rom-com. Early-career Sandler is also easy to like, as is the rest of the cast (including a Barrymore who is suspiciously advanced enough in fashion to reflect the 1990s methinks).
August 11, 2016
Wedding singer gets dumped at the alter and his life becomes miserable until he meets engaged waitress Drew Barrymore. Arguably Adam Sandlers best movie.
½ August 3, 2016
Adorbs really. A simpler time when Drew was the sweetheart and Adam wasn't annoying as all hell.
August 2, 2016
I miss watching this movie.
½ August 1, 2016
My favorite Adam Sandler movie, thinly had less to to with him and more to do with a creative story ... a winsome performance by Drew Berrymore ... and fun memory lane 80s tunes.
½ July 18, 2016
Cute romantic comedy about a wedding singer who is recently dumped and goes into a deep depression that's both manic and funny.
July 4, 2016
Slightly too cheesy.
July 4, 2016
This is easily my most favorite Adam Sandler movie. The story does have some typical romance movie cliches and it can be a bit sappy, but it's helped by the sweet chemistry between Sandler and Barrymore, some good laughs, and fun musical numbers. It always leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy inside when it ends. If you like romantic comedies or if you're a fan of Adam Sandler, then I definitely recommend The Wedding Singer
½ June 27, 2016
A harmless, cute little romantic comedy that uses Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore very nicely
June 14, 2016
The Wedding Singer is a romantic comedy movie. However, this is not Adam Sandler's best comedy movie. But, it is a good romantic movie though. I would suggest this movie.
June 9, 2016
These two are really great together.
½ June 2, 2016
This was one of the more enjoyable rom-coms I've seen, although it takes the safe route.
½ May 18, 2016
The Wedding Singer is the first collaboration for Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, it's directed by Frank Coraci who later directs Adam Sandler in films like The Waterboy, Click, and Blended. The movie is about a wedding singer who was about to get married, but his fiancée didn't come to the wedding and broke the whole relationship. Robert Hart (Adam Sandler) was very depressed, until Julia Sullivan (Drew Barrymore) tries to cheer him up by asking him to go to her parties. Of all films, this is one of them that I wanted to see for a long time, and I never get the chance because it's either checked out in the rental store, or that it's in a channel on DirecTV that I don't have. The reason that I wanted to see it is because it's the highest rating for a comedy film that's written by the usual writers from Happy Madison Productions which surprises me with most of his others that I end up not liking much, or just downright hated it. As they say though, things will come to you out of the most unexpected places, and I found it while looking for movies to rent. Was it worth it in the end after waiting months to watch it? Surprisingly it really was and I'm just so glad that I even got to watch The Wedding Singer. Adam Sandler is really funny in this and is very charming. The aspect of this that stands out from the usual Adam Sandler films is that his character is actually not a jerk, he acts very nice, and when he does act like a jerk, he doesn't do that much of it, it's actually kind of funny, and the movie addresses that what he saying is completely rude and he tries to redeem himself for it. The humor in this is very funny, and it's not even because of the roast jokes as that's not in it that much. The chemistry between the main leads is really good, and they work each other off very well. The songs that Adam Sandler sings, whether they written by him or not, are very catchy and they give a laugh to me. Especially at the end with the song being adorable and romantic. The only problem that I have is that it has some romantic tropes that kind of got me irritated whether it's the misunderstanding part, or the end part where it gets the resolution down of where it's going, but if that's the only bad thing that I can say of an Adam Sandler film where the jokes are actually not bad in this, I can certainly say that The Wedding Singer is Adam Sandler's funniest movie, and I wish that he come back to this type of character.
½ May 16, 2016
Good film! I enjoyed lot of heart to it!
April 2, 2016
Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler pulls of a look into the 80's really well. Worth a watch!