We're Not Married Reviews

• Jun 14, 2019

Dumb movie. Vignettes. Fred Allen, Ginger Rogers, Zsa Zsa Gabor. 5 couples find out they aren't really married. Entertaining

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Sep 12, 2015

5 short stories tied together with a simple plot device: a marrying judge is not officially recognised for another week, yet performs 5 ceremonies unaware of the time element. And so we get to look in on the lives of those couples who discover that they have to decide whether or not to marry again, and this time legally. The opener has Ginger Rogers and Fred Allen as a bickering pair of "happy" morning radio personalities. Though their story is lame, the performance they put on of their program is okay. None of the stories are wow! worthy. I liked best the tale of the golddigger Zsa Zsa Gabor's comeuppance when she tries to bamboozle hapless mogul Louis Calhern. The affair as a whole is only mildly entertaining.

• Oct 14, 2014

A fun farce, as five unsuspecting couples discover they were never legally married, so they have to decide all over again if the trouble is worth it. Smooth directing by Edmund Goulding to nicely tie together the five stories. Ginger Rogers and Fred Allen are my favourites of a fine cast.

• Mar 22, 2014

gr8 cast makes this one patterned after o. henry's 'full house'

gr8 cast makes this one patterned after o. henry's 'full house'

• Mar 06, 2014

Somewhat enjoyable, but the movie is unable to gel due to the vignette story structure. A few slightly funny parts, but not really worth the watch.

• Jan 30, 2013

"Lighweight" indeed.

"Lighweight" indeed.

• Oct 01, 2012

Lots of big stars in this one. My favorite was the marriage of Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Lots of big stars in this one. My favorite was the marriage of Zsa Zsa Gabor.

• May 05, 2012

Sort of charming but by no means anything special.

Sort of charming but by no means anything special.

• Jennifer D Super Reviewer
    Mar 09, 2012

Boring and disjointed.

Boring and disjointed.

• Jan 18, 2012

Great cast, and it is important to note that 60 years later, the trend of films with big name actors and inter-mingled story lines still exists. The story was uneven at times, but had its moments.