Wet Asphalt Reviews

• Jul 12, 2011

the package says 'war noir" nope not this one but it is a study on the power of the press and what is true or a lie.not bad B movie fare.

• Jan 10, 2011

This wasn't as 'noir' as I was expecting based on the cover art, which seems to hint at a rumpled detective adrift in a rain-slicked world that only exists at night, but was still rather watchable. A reporter finds out that his boss is solely responsible for the sensational stories that have been making both of them famous and must try to make amends without framing himself as a liar in public. Worth a look, but it's not going to replace The Big Sleep on your favorite movie list.

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2010

This is one of the best WWII movies I've seen, and I highly recommend it, I saw it online, so check it out.

• Aug 27, 2009

Again, synopsis is all wrong. Anyway, starts with an interesting concept but doesn't go very far. Decent ending, but many ignorant mistakes throughout this attempt at political cinema.

• Jul 05, 2008

A good West German film noir in the same vein as the Third Man. A great story, and the added bonus of Gert "Goldfinger" Frobe as the driver.