Wild, Wild Planet Reviews

• Jun 18, 2019

I had more fun watching this little b-flik than I have had watching a movie in a while. granted, I was open minded going in and had my expectations sidelined. But it was exactly what I wanted and it delivered!

• Jul 14, 2018

Pretty terrible low-budget Italian sci-fi film has future star Franco Nero in a small role, but the story is mainly about a mad scientist who kidnaps important leaders and shrinks them down to keep them in a state of suspended animation inside a cigarette case-size container. The film does have a European swingin' 60s Barbarella vibe to it which is fun, as are the terrible special effect, which do make the film somewhat enjoyable on a so-bad-it's-good level of camp entertainment, but generally speaking, it's an awful film.

• Jan 16, 2013

Cheesy sets and atrocious acting and action scenes make this a camp film lover's delight.

• Oct 06, 2012

It took me forever to find this movie here on Rotten Tomatoes, little did I know it was an Italian film. This was a decent film, not the best though.

• Jul 14, 2012

words cannot describe the suckage that is this movie.

words cannot describe the suckage that is this movie.

• Oct 23, 2011

It's not as fun as The Green Slime, but Wild, Wild Planet does contain some outrageous '60s kitsch.

• Apr 02, 2011

Highly enjoyable for its time, this is now available on dvd from Warner Archive as well as Margheriti's War of the Planets (1965). The latter has no Flixster entry, but is worth seeking out as part of this crank-job series. "Wild..." is more excessive, although my perceptions of it were no doubt warped by staying up late to make sure it recorded off of late-night cable. But the colorful sets and music pop on these new transfers, despite the sub-Bava forced perspective gimmickery and model work.

• Jul 23, 2010

Really cheap and really bland B-movie sci-fi thriller from director Antonio Margheriti. There are actually a few interesting ideas, but none of them ever come to any kind of fruition. Even the laughable special effects and a handful of over the top cheesy moments can't make it worth watching.

• May 06, 2010

I watched the sequel (War of the Planets) before this, not realizing that they were part of a series (of 4!). Even though they were all shot at the same time, War of the Planets looked like it had 1/10th the budget of this slick B, which actually had futuristic cars and the most 21st century locations 1960s Italy could provide. There are plenty of crazy details like the shrinking technique of the aliens and the fact that the mad scientist wants to meld himself with the hero's girlfriend, uniting the "perfect" man and woman into one body. Prophetic detail: the "Corporations" are just as powerful as the state.

• Apr 15, 2010

It is so bad it is awesome. It just begs to be Riffed. I must own this movie!

It is so bad it is awesome. It just begs to be Riffed. I must own this movie!