Wind River - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wind River Reviews

December 10, 2017
captivating from beginning to end. I did not expect to be as moved by it as I was. though very different on topic and location, it reminded me of the girl with the Dragon tattoo.
December 10, 2017
A wonderful gallimaufry of emotions and heartbreak. From start to end the story encapsulated me. I could feel for the family, their loss. The heartbreak in which the mother felt and the sorrow she expressed. The difficulties the FBI agent had to endure learning about all the deaths that have a occurred in wind river. The hunter who lost the most important part of his heart, struggling to correct the wrongs of of his past by helping a close friend to the part of his heart he lost. The emotion and strength in this marvellous movie and hopefully a classic one day. The acting was superb, every character was done justice with the fantastic actors. You could feel their pain, their anger, their want for justice.
½ December 9, 2017
The story seems familiar, but the setting, the performances and the action is enough for it not only to be a good watch, but a memorable one.
December 8, 2017
Wind River is an intense, eye opening, bitterly cold experience. Jeremy Renner gives a quiet, almost subdued performance, yet you know that something more is going on inside his character than is outright stated. Elizabeth Olson does an excellent job of portraying a green, new to the filed FBI agent, that's out of her comfort zone, but looking to get the job done. My favorite performance is from Jon Bernthal, whose character seems a little seedy at first glance, but is actually a character madly in love. The bitter cold of the movies gave me the chills in the theater, and the violence was at times shocking.
December 6, 2017
Bad: The tribal police and the FBI agents are written as your usual cliche. This detracts from the movie early on.

Good: love the story and you genuinely care for the characters.
December 5, 2017
Wind River leaves you breathless, frozen but awake, and keen to see what's next from Taylor Sheridan.
December 4, 2017
A very deep Movie with a prefect cast. I very much enjoyed this. I cried a little. Smile a little. Not once did i want to turn this movie off. Jeremy is a amazing actor and Liz OMG were his she been my whole life love her so much. I don't think the movie wouldn't have been as good if they didn't have them two in it. Amazing movie!!!
December 4, 2017
What the hell? Rape scenes in movies now and everybody raving about it.
December 4, 2017
I enjoy watching the ID channel so when I seen the trailer for Wind River it grabbed my attention right away. The movie itself was a pretty good movie from acting,the way it was filmed and the plot was good . It might just be me but I think Elizabeth Olsen and Jeremy Renner have a good Chemistry together on screen first from the Avengers movie now Wind River. So in short if you enjoy drama,Mystery & Suspense then you will like this movie.
Best Movie of 2017 .
December 3, 2017
Native Americans and their experience are sadly still invisible to most Americans. Taylor Sheridan, the writer behind Sicario and Hell or Highwater, seeks to tell their story, making Wind River one of the most important films this year.

Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen, both from The Avengers, are reunited as a Fish and Wildlife Services and FBI agent, respectively. A grizzly crime may or may not have been committed, and since reservations are federal land, it's up to Olsen to find out. It's a little unsettling for both the main characters in a movie about native Americans to be white. One can't help but wonder why Gil Birmingham (House of Cards) couldn't have had Renner's role when he plays his own character in this movie with incredible range, going from hostility to despair in a matter of seconds. Still, as a white man living on the reservation, Renner makes a good mentor to Olsen. It would have been easy to write Olsen as a one-dimensional, clueless white girl, but she's genuinely well-meaning and grows quite a bit as a character.

Misgivings about the cast aside, Wind River treats its subject with a lot of respect, addressing nearly every issue native Americans face today, from poverty, to neglect from the government, to isolation, to substance abuse, to suicide, to racism, to intermarriage, to even sexual assault. It has a backhanded sense of humor; you laugh at the jokes because they're true, but then you feel guilty because they're true. It's all summed up by a shot of an upside-down American flag, both a sign of disrespect and a distress signal. Yet, when Renner calls Natalie, a native teen central to the plot, "a warrior," he's affirming the strength of all native Americans for them to endure all that they have and still be standing.
December 2, 2017
Powerful, thought provoking, gut wrenching - a movie that must be watched even when at times it was incredibly difficult to do so.
December 2, 2017
Existem filmes que te tocam por sua narrativa e outros que te tocam por seus personagens. Wind River te toca com sua carga emocional que te faz entender e sentir a fria atmosfera de um mundo imerso em dor, sofrimento, tragédia e isolamento, ao mesmo tempo em que prioriza a "sobrevivência" de almas quebradas que buscam respostas para aquilo que perderam. Sem sombra de dúvidas, um dos melhores filmes do ano de 2017.
½ December 2, 2017
Taylor Sheridan's neo-Western Wind River delivers a well-written, grim and smart crime drama, that pays a subtle homage to Eastwood's classics.
December 2, 2017
the best movie of the year, hands down its intense incredible acting as well
½ December 2, 2017
Finally a movie with a plot AND well acted. It seems like I've been on a long streak of bad movies.
December 1, 2017
Wind River blew us away!
½ December 1, 2017
Such an emotional movie, more than anything else. The amount of really strong messages scattered through the movie is what really got me.
November 29, 2017
"I'm a man of my word...I'm gonna give you a chance. Same chance you gave her."

Haunting in every way a movie can be. A must see.
½ November 29, 2017
Renner rocked it...heck...the whole thing was fantastic