Windtalkers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Windtalkers Reviews

½ June 1, 2017
An uninteresting, uninspiring WWII drama.
February 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 13, 2017
One of the great selection of Nicolas Cage films! A good war film! Thought provoking. Alot of great scenes and great acting from entire cast and alot of interesting characters.
January 2, 2017
Focus on the code talkers. The movie opened up to be interesting and then fell flat on it's face.
½ October 23, 2016
Too long and too predictable to make much of an impact.
½ September 2, 2016
One of the worst movies ever. Horrible acting, unrealistic action scenes and an overall embarrassment to the story it was meant to portray. Such a disappointment!!!
May 23, 2016
Flimsy drama but impressive battle scenes.
February 13, 2016
With striking visuals and tense action, Windtalkers unfortunately glosses over the Navajo Codetalkers in favor of a more universally relatable character and story.
½ September 26, 2015
Interesting part of history but this movie was horrid. Poor acting, poor music choices, cheesy battle scenes, and very limited information on the actual windtalkers. could have been a good but feel short.
September 2, 2015
it's amazing how brutal that war was
June 26, 2015
Looks the part but very glossed over wae story.
June 25, 2015
Good movie about the Navajo code talkers during World War 2. One of the better Nicholas Cage movies. Cage plays a soldier charged with protecting one of the Navajo code talkers.
June 21, 2015
Not as much codebreaking as there should have been.
June 11, 2015
It all makes sense when I see who it was directed by. This was a terrible movie that deserved better. It was so cliche and just, bad. I get that the Navajo were discriminated and all, but I just dont need to see the entire movie based around that entire premise. I dont need to ever see another movie where the jerk is a jerk the whole movie and then sees a few good deeds by the "good guy" and all of a sudden will do literally anything for the person they spent their whole lives being a jerk to.
May 18, 2015
The code-talkers deserve better.
April 12, 2015
Not a complete masterpiece, but it's Nicholas Cage! Another film in his over the top performances!
½ April 9, 2015
Too much of exaggerated war footings despite true history. That's John Woo style.
½ April 6, 2015
Straight-forward WWII movie that I was surprised to see done so well. Enacts little known factual history that I've researched on but not enough. This film was quite enjoyable.
½ March 11, 2015
150311: Just a weak film over-all. Cage was unconvincing. Special effects sucked in my opinion. This is a could've been movie. Could've been great.
March 11, 2015
A well staged and produced film of an aspect of the Pacific war , totally ruined by Cage. A raggedy passed Marine , he most certainly isn't , and that 1000 yard stare of his, unbelievable! Have enjoyed his performance in many other films , but not this.