Within These Walls Reviews

• Mar 18, 2013

Within These Walls is one of the type of film whose inspiring story could have ended up as an over-the-top melodramatic soap opera in less restrained hands, but the skillful direction of Mike Robe and the wonderful performances of Laura Dern and the always excellent Ellen Burstyn made this true story a touching and deeply moving experience without the crying towel suds. As an animal lover, I've always believed that loving an animal of any kind makes us more human and humane, bringing out the best in us all, and here is a story that proves this idea.

• Feb 23, 2012

Touching Story about inmates who train service dogs. Brought a lot of tears, these dogs who rehabilitated the Prisoners;

• Feb 01, 2010

It's not shot beautifully, and it's narrated in a way that ensures to shake your emotions. However, I'm a sucker for such story. The hardships of prisoners, no matter how oversensational they are, coupled with the gleamy vivacity of dogs, made me cried and smiled.