Zombieland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zombieland Reviews

April 11, 2017
Hilarious and well-acted, Zombieland is a hilarious horror comedy, that still holds up.
April 4, 2017
Good character development. It lost its believability at a few points: the Bill Murray sequence and the twinkie obsession stand out.
Antonius Block
April 1, 2017
There is some (probably requisite) violence in this zombie thriller, but it's also got humor, some nice touches in editing, and it's very entertaining. The cast is fantastic, with Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Jesse Eisenberg, and Abigail Breslin all turning in performances perfectly tuned to the genre. The scenes with Bill Murray are all very funny, and one part in particular is absolutely hilarious, but I won't spoil it. Eisenberg channels Woody Allen at times with his shy awkwardness. Trying to do both comedy and horror is difficult, but director Ruben Fleischer really pulls it off. This is a fun movie to watch.
March 28, 2017
Entertaining and enjoyable, "Zombieland" joins the comedy with the zombies giving us an equally satisfactory result that "Shaun of the dead".
The narrative of the film along with the performances and the sequence itself makes it a work of great value.
½ March 21, 2017
Good actors, bad script.
March 19, 2017
Exciting and funny, but neither as exciting nor funny as I hoped.
March 12, 2017
Great fun, check it out! :)
February 28, 2017
The cast of Zombieland is excellent with talented actors such as Emma Stone, Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson. They are very convincing in their role as a zombie killer. The special effects are really well done and the stuntmen are very gifted. Everything seems very true. In a horror movie, makeup is very important for it to be realistic and in Zombieland, the makeup of the zombies is perfectly realized. The shots avoid certain scenes that might be too shocking but it's still bloody and that's what we want in a horror movie.
The story is quite simple but it works. It's a horrific comedy, sometimes you jump and sometimes you laugh. The four main characters all have very different personalities, which makes them complementary. Furthermore, the flashbacks of the heroes' lives in the film allow them to be discovered before the zombie apocalypse and to take interest in themselves. The narrative and the different rules of survival explained by Columbus bring a second degree to the story. Nevertheless, it does not fall into the excess of violence, it is mainly focused on humour.
The only negative review I can make about Zombieland is that it is a bit too short, it only takes an hour and twenty minutes. Some moments in the story could have been developed further and it would have brought a greater depth to the film.
In general, I loved this kind of film which I find very funny. It is ideal for relaxing and laughing. You can watch it several times without get tired of it.
½ February 24, 2017
Deadly smart-alecky and fashionably groovy, this horror comedy breaks some rules and turns the genre of zombie-killing on its head to deliver the gags fast and furious.
February 23, 2017
Hilarious and action packed, with great acting from a great cast. Zombieland succeeds in every way possible.
February 23, 2017
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah man I love Tallahassee in this movie
February 21, 2017
Grade - B+
'Zombieland' is a very funny zombie-apocalypse movie, with great performances and a sharp script. It may be similar to Shaun of the Dead in many ways, but I don't care, as that's one of my favourite movies. My main complaint would be the films forgettable, slightly cliched story.
February 21, 2017
The best zombie movie ever seen
January 25, 2017
In retrospect Zombieland saved the zombie horror scene. Zombies were becoming irrelevant in horror until Woody Harrelson came along to let us all know that zombies are far from dead, pun intended.
January 25, 2017
Overrated in my opinion. The whole Bill Murray scene was funny but predictable.
½ January 21, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Ruben Fleischer nos ofrece una excelente película que combina la comedia con el género zombie, haciendo que las carcajadas se envuelvan con algunas escenas terroríficas también; singular personajes que nos garantizan diversión.
January 21, 2017
Predictable and with a poor screenplay, however well acted, with great lessons and an interesting and funny story, this movie brings to us an original way to expose Zombie's world.
January 21, 2017
Zombieland makes something of the zombie genre..it feels fresh, fun and exciting. Reviving the genre. Great characters, script and plot..it just works.
½ January 17, 2017
Zombieland is everything I wanted it to be. Hilarious and action packed and with an amazing cameo, this is probably my favorite zombie movie to date.
January 17, 2017
This film is better than it had any right to be thanks to its tripled-headed monster on its title card in Harrelson, Eisenburg, and Stone. Hilarious and unpredictable, Zombieland is a bloody good time.