Zombieland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zombieland Reviews

½ March 21, 2017
Good actors, bad script.
March 19, 2017
Exciting and funny, but neither as exciting nor funny as I hoped.
March 12, 2017
Great fun, check it out! :)
February 28, 2017
The cast of Zombieland is excellent with talented actors such as Emma Stone, Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson. They are very convincing in their role as a zombie killer. The special effects are really well done and the stuntmen are very gifted. Everything seems very true. In a horror movie, makeup is very important for it to be realistic and in Zombieland, the makeup of the zombies is perfectly realized. The shots avoid certain scenes that might be too shocking but it's still bloody and that's what we want in a horror movie.
The story is quite simple but it works. It's a horrific comedy, sometimes you jump and sometimes you laugh. The four main characters all have very different personalities, which makes them complementary. Furthermore, the flashbacks of the heroes' lives in the film allow them to be discovered before the zombie apocalypse and to take interest in themselves. The narrative and the different rules of survival explained by Columbus bring a second degree to the story. Nevertheless, it does not fall into the excess of violence, it is mainly focused on humour.
The only negative review I can make about Zombieland is that it is a bit too short, it only takes an hour and twenty minutes. Some moments in the story could have been developed further and it would have brought a greater depth to the film.
In general, I loved this kind of film which I find very funny. It is ideal for relaxing and laughing. You can watch it several times without get tired of it.
½ February 24, 2017
Deadly smart-alecky and fashionably groovy, this horror comedy breaks some rules and turns the genre of zombie-killing on its head to deliver the gags fast and furious.
February 23, 2017
Hilarious and action packed, with great acting from a great cast. Zombieland succeeds in every way possible.
February 23, 2017
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah man I love Tallahassee in this movie
February 21, 2017
Grade - B+
'Zombieland' is a very funny zombie-apocalypse movie, with great performances and a sharp script. It may be similar to Shaun of the Dead in many ways, but I don't care, as that's one of my favourite movies. My main complaint would be the films forgettable, slightly cliched story.
February 21, 2017
The best zombie movie ever seen
January 25, 2017
In retrospect Zombieland saved the zombie horror scene. Zombies were becoming irrelevant in horror until Woody Harrelson came along to let us all know that zombies are far from dead, pun intended.
January 25, 2017
Overrated in my opinion. The whole Bill Murray scene was funny but predictable.
½ January 21, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Ruben Fleischer nos ofrece una excelente película que combina la comedia con el género zombie, haciendo que las carcajadas se envuelvan con algunas escenas terroríficas también; singular personajes que nos garantizan diversión.
January 21, 2017
Predictable and with a poor screenplay, however well acted, with great lessons and an interesting and funny story, this movie brings to us an original way to expose Zombie's world.
January 21, 2017
Zombieland makes something of the zombie genre..it feels fresh, fun and exciting. Reviving the genre. Great characters, script and plot..it just works.
½ January 17, 2017
Zombieland is everything I wanted it to be. Hilarious and action packed and with an amazing cameo, this is probably my favorite zombie movie to date.
January 17, 2017
This film is better than it had any right to be thanks to its tripled-headed monster on its title card in Harrelson, Eisenburg, and Stone. Hilarious and unpredictable, Zombieland is a bloody good time.
January 14, 2017
I found it playful enough.
½ January 11, 2017
funny movie with a good story. fun tone with good characters and some deep moments. well made overall. my only issue with the movie is a few decisions made by the characters in dangerous situations (about 3 viewings)
½ January 10, 2017
Great cast but too bad that the storyline is a bore.
January 9, 2017
I've never liked horror/comedies for the simple fact that they never seem to work well as neither and this was a perfect example of that. The movie's intro was very well made, establishing a world being ravaged by zombies and the country in shambles. The rest of the movie is just pointless and doesn't achieve anything. One thing I hated is the running time, it's way too short to set anything properly and the other is that the movie is called Zombieland, yet there are hardly any zombies in it. A few in the beginning and then it turns into a road trip type of movie where nothing really interesting happens, and NO zombies. I thought they would at least show a few funny/cool zombie kills, but these are non existent. Another negative is that to me nothing was funny at all it was just silly, it tries to be a comedy first but it did not work for me. I gave it two stars for effort but it was bad and at times boring, definitely does not deserve all the praise its getting.