Zombieland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Romance 30% Comedy 20%
½ October 12, 2016
Great story and loved seeing Woody Harrelson back
September 17, 2016
This reminds me of Shaun of the Dead. But hey, it is near better than Edgar Wright's creation.
½ September 10, 2016
The classic unlikely group of misfits with a zombie twist.
September 6, 2016
Sometimes, comedy and horror don't mix, and the end result can be not that entertaining to watch. Trying to put in some humor in an otherwise dark film, kind of distracts the point being made: survival. However, these two very different genres did come together by a spot of luck in 2009's "Zombieland" to brighten our day. As well as give a nice parody on the whole zombie sub-genre of film, too. Here, we are given both comedy and horror that is presented in both a unique and fun way. While there are some minor problems that are presented, the film as a whole is smart, creative, and funny along the way. "Zombieland" is a nice little treat that combines comedy and horror together in a wild and zany ride. It's time to nut up or shut up.

The plot is very simple: zombies have taken over the United States of America, and it's all thanks to some contaminated meat. There's not that many surviving humans, and the few that are out there all have the same problem: they are going to die. Luckily, there are four survivors named Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg), Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson), Wichita (Emma Stone), and Little Rock (Abigail Breslin). Together, they must learn to ultimately trust each other in this undead wasteland. And there's no Twinkie that is safe.

"Zombieland" has a lot of things going for it. For one thing, the story is both original as well as funny. This not only comes from the really creative and inventive ways the zombies are killed, but also from the improvisation of all our actors. In fact, most of the zombies that are presented here, along with the make up and special effects, have a comical nature to them. Which is interesting, because while watching the movie, one might get a feeling that a cartoon is being played out. And going back to our actors, under the direction of Ruben Fleischer , every one actor and actress deliver great performances with what they are given. Especially Harrelson, who more than definitely steals the show as the comical Tallahassee.

With the location of Georgia as our setting (and a brief moment in Los Angeles), the scenery looks like the movie could be filmed in any location, and every little attention to detail is near perfection, it makes one wonder what the world might come to if a zombie apocalypse could actually occur. Plus, the music by David Sardy, as well as the accompanying soundtrack, provide a good listening to the ears. "Zombieland" is a fun enjoyable horror/comedy that will leave the viewer entertained all the way through.

However, with that being said, that's not to say that there are some problems with the movie. And most of it comes from the pacing. The movie goes rather quickly, and that's not saying it's a bad thing, it's just that we jump from one moment to the next within a short period of time. And because of this quick nature, we do not have time for development on certain things. Like giving a flashback to when the whole zombie epidemic first started out; rather showing us than explaining to us at the beginning of the movie. Basically, if the pacing for this film had been slowed down a little, then the movie would have been perfect.

In conclusion, "Zombieland" is a good movie, despite having some issues with the pacing, and it definitely brings together both comedy and horror together rather nicely.
½ September 5, 2016
Pretty funny at parts and carried by Woody Harrelson and Emma Stone
August 28, 2016
Best zom-com since Shaun Of The Dead.
August 26, 2016
Not your typical zombie movie but it was funny and good
August 22, 2016
'Zombieland' is a very funny zombie-apocalypse movie, with great performances and a sharp script. It may be similar to Shaun of the Dead in many ways, but I don't care, as that's one of my favourite movies. My only complaint would be the films pacing, and its forgettable, slightly cliched story.
August 21, 2016
Great hilarious zombie apocalypse movie starring woody heralson and Jesse Isenberg. This movie is full of full of crazy stuff and that's what makes this movie stick out from the other zombie movies. This movie shows how you can add a dark tone of the zombie apocalypse but at the same time the movie is stupid crazy flat out hilarious. This movie is going to be a classic some day, maybe not now but this movie is on the list for best zombie movie ever. I love the journey that woody heralson and Jesse Isenberg s characters bond and stick together even at the dark times. The intro to this movie was awesome and how Jesse Isenberg s characters rules of how to survive the zombie apocalypse and when he says " poor fat guy" about rule 1 cardio you just have to laugh and when his character shoots Bill Murray right in the heart because of a prank or joke that Bill Murray was actually a zombie and afterwards Jesse's character freaks out that Bill Murray is actually a human his reaction was hilarious. If they make a sequel don't ruin it, do exactly what you did here period end of story, don't do sharknado garbage.
August 4, 2016
Hilarious zombie comedy. Eisenberg and the rest of the gang have some of their best moments especially when it comes to unique raunchy comedies (I may be spoiled, but I do wish I'd seen Shaun of the Dead before this one). If you like The Walking Dead, you will definitely get a good kick out of this film. It's a story of survival, love, humor, and the living dead.
½ July 25, 2016
Perfect Way to start a Zombie Movie, Shoot them in the face and they're out. They did add in jokes that were actulley funny. it's standard how zombies take over the world. And The Cast Woody Allen Jessie Eisenburg and Emma Stone they really do well in. Bill Murray stars in this too. You won't see him in the trailer but you can just look in the casts list. Overall: This is A Big Hit Blockbuster very Enjoyable, Great storyline and Plot with a great movie also with a great cast Develops.

Score: 8.5/10
½ July 18, 2016
Zombieland is as entertaining as it is hilarious. Great characters. The plot could be more intelligent.
July 13, 2016
Auf jeden Fall unterhaltsam, wenn auch nicht mehr
July 7, 2016
Well, Emma Stone is in it.
July 6, 2016
Brilliantly funny and enough zombie killings to please most action fans and really funny humour to entertain most people who are fans of zombie films, You will not be disappointed, With a great cast it's hard not to like them.
June 17, 2016
A young man who survived the initial onslaughter of a Zombie armeggedon befriends fellow surivalists on a comical parody of Zombie genre.
June 15, 2016
It's a more intelligent modern comedy flick centering around a popular fad than one would expect, but the film meanders in its point more often than it should. Who decided to throw in a commercial break for Bill Murray?
June 13, 2016
Zombieland is a kick ass zombie comedy that features good performances, lots of gore and, most importantly, great laugh out loud comedy that is spot on pretty much all the time which makes this film one hell of a ride.
June 4, 2016
A comedy that actually lives up to it's genre.