Broadchurch: Season 2 Reviews

• Oct 05, 2019

Consequences. This is what this season is about - Consequences of things done in the past. And while the Sandbrook investigation is strange, this still stands.

• Jul 18, 2019

The entire season is courtroom bullshit and not evan coleman and tennant's excellent on screen chemistry can salvage this remarkably boring season of television.

• Jun 17, 2019

Honestly, this season didn't need to get made. S1 was brilliant. S2 was good, but not close to S1. I felt mesmerized after S1. I felt used after S2.

• Apr 21, 2019

A major letdown after series 1 but I still got to see more of the sublime Olivia Colman, whom is never a letdown.

• Nov 07, 2018

Season two almost as amazing as season 1. The plot was excellent and the acting too

• Oct 19, 2018

nowhere near as good as the first season. It is mainly an irritating court case rather than the investigation in the first season. Law & Order would have done it in one episode not a whole series.

• Oct 15, 2018

Wasted all of that time just to watch a HORRIBLE ending!!! Don't waste your time!

• Oct 08, 2018

There are now two seasons of 8 episodes a pop, available on Netflix that you need to catch up on. Yes, the first season is technically better than the second season but only by a smidge. The second season starts off with a plot twist you weren't expecting but that's not where it goes wrong. In fact, I found myself bouncing off my couch in glee and excitement. The second season falls prey to "sequel syndrome" with Colman's character; by stuffing in lines that don't honor the original character's traits it comes off as just that-stuffing in lines. Luckily it only happens once, and in season two, but the words are, "say you love me". I won't give away anything more about the scene where it's placed, but dear writers of Broadchurch, what were you thinking? Please don't fall for that screenwriting shortcut mirage in season 3. Yes, it's worth the couch time. Yes. Yes. Yes.

• Oct 04, 2018

Season 2 of Broadchurch struggled to capture my complete interest as most of the season is spent covering the trial in a slow and frankly boring way. There were some interesting moments with Hardy looking further into the old Sandbrook case and ultimately solving it, but it wasn't as interesting as the first season. I still quite like the duo of Hardy and Miller, which saved my individual episode ratings from slipping even further than they did, but if season 3 doesn't evolve in some way I can't see the show getting any better.

• Nov 24, 2017

Another great season. Once again all the performances were great. They did a great job with all the court scenes and interactions with all the characters. They new plot focusing on David Tennant's character felt a little forced but it still worked for me and it was enjoyable. 9.0/10