Ghost Nation: Season 1 Reviews

• 23h ago

I found the show very boring. They spent most of the time talking about nothing

I found the show very boring. They spent most of the time talking about nothing

• Jan 12, 2021

The show is a huge disappointment. The whole thing is just nothing compared to Ghost Hunters. The team doesn't even try to debunk anything or investigate what a noise might have been. The team doesn't seem passionate as they were when they were with T.A.P.S. They claim noises that you can't hear and they talk up activity that isn't really there. The last one that I saw they play and evp that clearly is Jason startled by something that happened and in the footage you can see him and hear him say something and yet when they get to the owners of whom they are doing the investigation they say "Hey listen to this evp" and it's not real. I really wanted to enjoy the show but it's disingenuous compared to "Ghost Hunters" Nothing rings true, even the behavior of the team seems like they are acting. I love T.A.P.S and I know this show isn't T.A.P.S but it's really nothing. The investigations don't seem like they care to really find out what's real and what's not. They just say "Yep, it's haunted, definitely a lot of activity here.' When there really isn't anything at all. Jason in the beginning would not even admit that something was "Haunted" he was more skeptical. Now it's just like "Hey, did you hear that, it's sounded like a scream" but there isn't anything really there. Or they see something on the thermal and it's looks like the camera guy and they don't go out to see what it is they are just like "Yep, it's explainable" They don't try to see what it was or even try to recreate it. They used to educate people and show people "Hey, what you have here is a leaking pipe or something else" They also used to debunk people who lied and show them up like on the investigation of "The Queen Mary" when the bed unmade itself. They caught how it was done, explained how they knew it was faked and showed the evidence and called them out. I really wanted to like the show but after this last episode I was really so disappointed. I know it's not T.A.P.S but it's not the genuine team acting like they care either. To me it's not worth it. But you have to watch it and make up your own mind.

• Jun 02, 2020

My family has been a long time fan of Jason, Steve and Tango from when they were "Ghoat Hunters." And, they seem "legit" and respected in the paranormal investigation world. However, this show feels as if they have "jumped the shark." Why all of the CGI? There is no need for that. Just get back to basics! This show literally spends 20 or more minutes "setting the scene" with voice overs and CGI " recreations." The CGI makes it almost unwatchable. Very disappointing. The cinematography sucks, and it feels as if much if it is staged (even if it may not be). Too many "theories" (i.e. measuring Jason's brain waves?). Go back to asking ghosts to turn on flashlights. And, not enough effort is made to debunk the noises they hear. Sorry, but the "new" Ghost Hunters is kicking this show's ass. Things I do like: 1. They research the history of the people and properties they investigate. 2. They stay for more than one day. They need to re-think their strategy or they will lose their fan base and eventually be cancelled.

• May 03, 2020

I used to really love Ghost Hunters but the odd voice overs make this really hard to watch. It is a shame. The voice overs just dont fit.

• Apr 21, 2020

I don't understand the low ratings some people gave. I love the show and find it to be very interesting. I like the locations chosen as well, as some have a lot of history. I am looking forward to Season 2 which starts in a few days.

• Apr 17, 2020

Huge fan of the guys. But this has been excruciating to watch. I'm binging classic Ghost Hunters instead. They've lost the spark, passion - I've tried so hard to like it, but I'm not tuning in any longer. It's a train wreck.

• Apr 06, 2020

Jason and his team continue the mediocrity of their previous show. They never can confirm anything and the can't say if it's a haunting. Steve is nerve racking! A total waste of time to watch this show. Stick to Ghost Adventures or The Dead Files. Far better productions.

• Mar 28, 2020

This is frustrating production. What made the original Ghost Hunters successful, is the production was not overwrought. It seemed a bit more done in cinema verite. This series, smacks of being over-produced, over-edited, over-dubbed, and loses a bit of its believability because of it. You already have a subject matter that is subject to question...so over producing it, much like a David Foster from the late 1980's, ruins how it can viewed. It's producers should look to the William Goldman rule of facts, truth and believability when writing.

• Feb 09, 2020

Just like the old episodes, the crew "investigation happens late at night, lights off, when the clients claimed to experience sightings in broad daylight. The "investigators" are spooked by bumps and breezes. So ridiculous it's funny.

• Jan 03, 2020

I loved Ghost Hunters, but the one thing that always bothered me on the show was Steve Gonsalves. He was smug, neurotic, not funny, asshole-ish, and I thought it was his youth....but here we are 15 years later and we have the same Steve...he makes it unwatchable...ditch steve and I will be back to viewership status