Lucifer: Season 3 Reviews

• Nov 03, 2020

It's the best of the first three seasons but still not confident enough to break into an engaging storyline. The show is a mix of humor and boredom, perhaps especially because I never felt it properly conveyed gravity of divine beings interfering in normal people. Angels and demons walk among us and they spend their time talking about family feuds and relationships? Don't we kinda know that if they start looking down on relationships and social interaction that they will have changed their minds by the end? Here are beings that have been alive for billions of years and they have their whole life philosophies changed after month-long courtships. Why do we spend so much time on obligatory procedural scenes, clichés, and one-liners instead of non-redundant character arcs? Non-redundant? That's the opposite of how I describe Lucifer, who learns variations of the same lesson of human goodness and virtues in every episode. His and Chloe's relationship maintains consistent interest. So does the sudden conversion of the previously possessed Charlotte Richards, whose brief term in Hell gives her perspective on the consequences of her actions. Some scenes with Lieutenant Pierce build suspense, but are outliers in a canvas of excessive banality.

• Sep 11, 2020

I absolutely love love this series, the way Lucifer is vulnerable to Chloe. How he goes crazy when she is in danger. I also love the twists and turns

• Sep 02, 2020

Constantly amazes me. I love this show.

Constantly amazes me. I love this show.

• Aug 25, 2020

a promise to actually have a very good group but because it was so long it became tiring.

• Aug 24, 2020

Love all the seasons! Binged watched while off work. Hope it continues on for at least a few more seasons

• Aug 22, 2020

Great show!! Tom Welling is a great plus. The great Tom Ellis is always a pleasure to see. I love it.

• Aug 18, 2020

Season 3 keeps a similar atmosphere and rhythm as season 2, much different and more carefree than that of S1. The contrast-rich light-dark shots, reminiscent of "Caravaggio's chiaroscuro", are exclusive to the first season and rarely appear in the other seasons. However, the writing and the camera framing are still remarkable, although nothing of what we tasted in Season 1 and 2. Lucifer's character evolves further. Throughout these three seasons, we see him grow temperamentally and we more learn to appreciate his more carefree and spontaneous side, even. Personally, I was not always fond of the psychological and behaviour evolution of the character in this season, who's sometimes performed as immature and naive. Lucifer should never be ridiculous, because the Devil is not supposed to be. Season 3 filmed 26 episodes, many of them very valuable, but because of its length it seems to be missing out on the horizontal storyline that leads to character evolution as in previous seasons. Episodes seem, to some extent, to be independent, disconnected each other. Verve and hilarity of S2 are all missing. Episodes 6 and 11 are really amazing. Starting this season, the procedural format takes on more importance in resolving the protagonist's doubts rather than the crimes themselves or the evolving of situations. The effect is that the content is sometimes repetitive. Nevertheless, the whole series is mainly governed by the actors' masterfully acting which captivated me. Ellis' performance is still of great expressive power and the chemistry between the cast is wonderful. He's still his huge expressive potential and amazing abilities even if his voice and accent have changed. Trisha Helfer's performance is remarkable. This extraordinary actress was an absolute discovery for me. Actually, all the cast keeps the quality of the series high. Overall, it's still intense and pleasant so that it absolutely deserves to be seen.

• Jul 13, 2020

Lucifer just keeps getting better and better with each season, still one of my favorite TV shows of all time. Tom Ellis and Lauren German's performances are just phenomenal, he continues to be the shining part of Lucifer with his very complex, funny, charming, and emotionally powerful performance and she gave her best performance of the whole series so far this season with a very complex and emotionally powerful performance. The supporting performances were stupendous especially from Tricia Helfer, Aimee Garcia, Lesley-Ann Brandt, Rachel Harris, Tom Welling, Charlyne Yi, Chris L. McKenna, Kevin Alejandro, and Skye Townsend. The chemistry between the cast was wonderful. The writing was remarkable, the best writing so far was this season and the emotion in this season was at an all time high especially in "Quintessential Deckerstar" it was heartbreaking when Charlotte was murdered it totally cried. The character development was outstanding this season especially with Chloe, Lucifer, Charlotte, Dan, Cain/Marcus, and Maze. The makeup and hairstyling was superb especially on Lesley-Ann Brandt, Tricia Helfer, Rachel Harris, Lauren German, Tom Ellis, Skye Townsend, Charlyne Yi, and Tom Welling. The costumes were excellent especially on Lesley-Ann Brandt, Aimee Garcia, Tom Ellis, Tricia Helfer, Lauren German, Rachel Harris, Skye Townsend, and Charlyne Yi. The visual effects were spectacular especially Amenadiel's wings, Azrael's wings, and Lucifer's wings. The music choices were great. Another A+ season of Lucifer.

• Jul 07, 2020

My absolute favourite season of this show, It's a must-see! I recommend it to anyone looking for a good crime, drama with a hint of romance!

• Jul 01, 2020

All I can think of to say is who are these writers and how did they get so good at what they do? Did they sell their souls to someone? Heh heh I guess we'll never know! But I'm sure gonna keep watching.