Modern Family: Season 1 Reviews

• Aug 20, 2019

This is the best season. It's perfect.

This is the best season. It's perfect.

• Aug 10, 2019

Finds its humor in the variety

Finds its humor in the variety

• Dec 28, 2017

It's a little uneven in the first half, but by the second half, it's kind of gotten into "a groove" and is less uneven! I still think I like Season 8 the most (even more than Season 9) and I won't be watching the rest of the seasons, because it's too hard having to record them all (all of the episodes.!) This season was alright, but I don't understand all the hype, or the 100% Certified Fresh on here! (Rotten Tomatoes!) I may watch the first three episodes of Season 8 which that I missed, but aside from that, I'll just be watching Season 9 as it airs, and every season after that! Also, the pilot was a very good episode, and maybe probably even the best of the season. After that, these episodes are about as good, but I like more, and they're all tied for my favorite episodes! Mostly because I can't really decide which one I like more! E04 The Incident, E18 Starry Night, E19 Game Changer, and the last two episodes do have decent endings. I'm not all that into the types of endings that they had, but they weren't awful, especially since I've seen the show, and thought it was an alright show!

• Jul 26, 2017

It's impressive how such amount of comedy is in this series. Loved Season 1 it's the best comedy series and the 2nd favourite TV Series for me!

• Mar 18, 2017

This is the best comedy series right now. There is a plethora of witty word plays.

• Mar 16, 2017

When I started watching this show, I honestly had to push myself to keep going because it all felt cliche and superficial to me BUT the character development is SO WELL WRITTEN!!! and seeing the children grow up!! II can't wait for 10 more seasons of this show to be honest. Annoying: how the young kids are constantly dating and having crushes and being so... hetero? It's honestly so ridiculous. ps. As a lesbian, 1000% here for Cam and Mitch and Lily, best family EVAR! ??

• Feb 27, 2017

I'm not really much of a sitcom guy. Besides the animated "Family Guy", the only other sitcom I've ever been able to stomach on a weekly basis has been "The Office" (which I absolutely loved). One night while watching television, however, I stumbled across a few episodes of "Modern Family". I laughed out loud on a number of different occasions each episode, and thus decided to give the entire first season a try. It did not let me down! The basis of Modern Family is simple: the show focuses on three families that are all related to each other: -Gay partners Mitchell (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) & Cameron (Eric Stonestreet) and their adopted baby Lily. -Goofy Phil (Ty Burrell), his wife Claire (Julie Bowen), and their children Haley (Sarah Hyland), the cute ditzy one, Alex (Ariel Winter), the conservative smart one, and Luke (Nolan Gould), the clueless one. -Family patriarch Jay (Ed O'Neill), his trophy wife Gloria (Sofia Vergara), and their son Manny (Rico Rodriguez). What makes the show so great is that the deep ensemble cast plays so well off of each other. There is also "something going on" with the large crew, and the fact that there is blood relation between the families adds an extra layer of emotional depth. Of course, living up to its sitcom name, "Modern Family" is also just doggone funny! There is something unique and humorous about every single character. Perhaps most importantly, everyone can find something to relate to in the show. That is what made "The Office" so great, and that kind of story/joke telling bleeds over into this show as well. This is just a take on family life instead of being at the office. Simply put, I am glad that I gave "Modern Family" a try. I already have ordered Season Two and am looking forward to laughing at the continuing adventures of the three families.

• Aug 27, 2016

It's good fun, but it's been done a million times, more than 3 stars seems too much for something like this.

• Sep 29, 2015

Funny and smart, Modern Family has all the necessary elements to become an excellent comedy, including a charismatic cast, strong script, originality and not stereotyped characters.

• Sep 29, 2015