Silicon Valley: Season 5 Reviews

• Aug 24, 2019

While the first seasons felt like they actually had a decent grip on software development and the valley companies, it's now just repetitive farce sinking ever deeper into the swamp of mediocrity. All the characters have descended into caricatures of themselves which, given that they were caricatures to start with, makes them feel so artificial that it's impossible to muster even an ounce of interest in what happens to them. By now you also know that no matter how bad things are going you can be sure that some technomagical act of god will make the Piper team come out on top. It doesn't matter if they are smart, brave, stand-up or just dumb jerks. They are rewarded with success anyway, because when you can't be bothered to craft an interesting story or have anything to tell that's just the easiest and safest way to coast along until the end of the final season.

• Oct 19, 2018

The lost of Urlich is felt this season, but the show is still funny.

The lost of Urlich is felt this season, but the show is still funny.

• Aug 24, 2018

Although some things never change, this comes to do more good than bad. Very satisfied with the 5th season. The store line could use something more than the same recipe from the start, I cannot say that the way they choose to go was bad.

• Jul 14, 2018

What a farcical, pseudo intellectual show, reinforcing stereotypes of the valley. completely rotten.

• May 19, 2018

Might be the most underrated series ever.

Might be the most underrated series ever.

• May 18, 2018

Not as good as earlier seasons, but still pretty good.

Not as good as earlier seasons, but still pretty good.

• May 15, 2018

Hopefully s05e08 is not the end, but certainly was an outstanding finale. Episode 7 was text book...

• May 15, 2018

Silicon Valley finds a bit of a re-invention for itself in its fifth season, giving viewers what may be perhaps its best year yet. While T.J. Miller may have exited, the cast makes massive new additions this year as Pied Piper goes more corporate, and the writing ups the ante a bit too. The show's trademark irreverent humor is sharper and funnier than ever, and the new dynamics allow for more unpredictable scripts. While the show's creators had previously suggested season 6 would be the last one, this year really does hint that there may be plenty more to come from this consistently surprising lil' hit.

• May 14, 2018

Hits the nail on the head, striking a perfect balance between great conflict / resolution story telling and absolutely laugh out loud humor.

• May 14, 2018

Why they chose to do 8 instead of 10 episodes, I don't understand. The FINALe FELT so rushed and out of left field with too much off screen information casually mentioned and "2 MONTHS later"... That's where those two missing episodes went: Lazy writing. I guarantee if TJ Miller were still on the show we would have had enough comedy between he and Jian Yang to fill the missing two episodes. Why did we lose two whole episodes HBO? To end at the same TIME as BARRY.did? Who the fuck cares? Give us 12 episodes next SEASON. I expect better from you Mike JUDGE. You let me down. Tj Miller better make a CAMEO before the end of the next season.