True Detective : Season 1 Reviews

• 23h ago

Best series i've ever seen. I held GOT as the best until they destroyed it with season 8 - so now this is my fav

• Aug 12, 2019

Pretty much the decade's landmark of what TV can do. Not perfect -- things dip quit a bit when the timelines catch up with each other. But it still feels something like a miracle.

• Aug 12, 2019

Gripping from start to finish, with two of the best TV performances you will ever see.

• Aug 09, 2019

This season is easily one of the best shows I've watched. Stellar cast, acting, and story.

• Aug 05, 2019

True Detective season 1 is undoubtedly the best 8 episodes that you´re gonna see in a series, with great actings, a very interesting plot, and a very cool soundtrack , the best of McConaughey and Harrelson is here, this is not the typical detective show, because this is 1000 times better.The series deals with many issues at once and does it very well, loisiana's environment fits the series quite well,you don't take long to empathize with the two protagonists, you care what might happen to them,and when care about the characters, you like the series or movie. Unlike other series True Detective dont waste his time with silly subplots,or showing you unnecesary things, the series is very realistic,is a masterpiece and if dont agree with me,well i really dont care,you can go away to see your boring and mediocre series like Lost, Stranger things,sense 8, and that kind of series that 90 percent of people love so much.

• Jul 22, 2019

Season 1 is epitome of human evolution

Season 1 is epitome of human evolution

• Jul 05, 2019

The first 6 episodes are worthy of 5 stars whereas the final 2 are 'meh, I don't buy it.' Typical of too many serialized stories, the writers couldn't quite figure out how to tie up all of the loose ends. Hence, we have a final episode that has so many holes in the story line, it feels moth-eaten. Nevertheless, one has to finish what one starts largely because of the time invested. As a friend from Cape Breton Island said to me, 'it started off well but near the end the arse fell out of 'er.'

• May 27, 2019

This was one of the most intense and well formulated series I have ever witnessed. The detectives complete separation from personalities couldn't be more different, yet ironically the same. The nature of the case, the diverse ideologies and the violent nature of the series was formulated into a ticking time bomb. Both actors were brilliant together, from Woody's down home cop attitude and Matt's critical views on society in the Deep South made for a Great War of words, and at times diverse cop partnership.

• May 24, 2019

I just finished season one and I somehow feel I've seen a glimpse of real and ancient darkness. I'm almost reluctant to write a review because words can't convey the significance and the brilliance of this piece of storytelling art. I know I will rewatch it ad infinitum - especially to listen to Matthew McConaughey's numerous nihilistic monologues on the universe, time, truth, love and darkness. The chemistry betweeen the two lead actors (McConaughey and Woody Harrelson), the writing from show creator Nic Pizzolato, the cinematography and the soundtrack come together to make something the likes of which I don't believe we've ever seen before on television. If I had to sum the story up in just a few words? It is utterly terrifying.

• May 24, 2019