Watchmen: Season 1 Reviews

• 1d ago

I liked parts of it. But I really, really didn't like what they did with John and how they left it. And they aren't even doing a 2nd season? boo.

• 2d ago

Just the best show! I absolutely loved it, although there were a couple of things that I think it could do without, for example, all the back and forth at the start of the story. And, at the end, more of a less cheesy ending.

• 2d ago

I thought the Watchmen 2009 movie was bad, but this series is way worse, makes the 2009 movie look good by comparison.

• 3d ago

A more than worthy follow-up to one of the greatest graphic novels of all-time. Filled with great acting, carefully constructed non-linear storytelling and sharp cinematography, Watchmen takes the core of the graphic novel and actually builds on it. Even the soundtrack by Trent Reznor alone is on a whole other level.

• 4d ago

The show has a fantastic pilot but after that the show slows down and doesn't really pick back up again until the fifth episode but the second half of the series is excellent. The first half of the series feels stretched out, I think this show would have benefited from being a few episodes shorter. The character of Laurie Blake in my opinion didn't work very well, Jean Smart gives a good performance but I personally felt the show dragged when it focused too much on her character, everything surrounding Laurie just didn't feel necessary for the overall plot and I felt they just forced her into the series since she was one of the main characters in the original comic. Not all of the mysteries in the series work but majority of them had me really intrigued to see how they would end. The show can be a little heavy handed at times but honestly so was the comic book, in the regard it's pretty faithful. Over it's a great series, I just wish it had been a little tighter because it's certainly slow at times during the first half of the series 7.5/10

• 5d ago

The soundtrack is the best part of the show. Next up are the production values in general. Unfortunately the story is a Frankenstein's monster comprised of 2 or 3 different premises that must have gotten mashed together when they decided to green light the show. It has its moments. Most interesting of all is the Ozymandias and Lady Triue story line. Unfortunately the retconning of Hooded Justice and the Dr. Manhattan straight out of cosplay are good examples of how the show insults the original comic. I'm not even going to bother talking about the cartoonish depiction of racism in the US. But it was all worth it in the end just to hear that amazing score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.

• 5d ago

Trash adaptation I want my time back

Trash adaptation I want my time back

• 6d ago

Wow. Great acting, story line and imagination. Jeremy Irons is superb.

Wow. Great acting, story line and imagination. Jeremy Irons is superb.

• Feb 17, 2020

Ambitious, important, and with great plot ideas, Watchmen creates a constant interest in what is going on throughout the show. But sadly it does not have the action choreography scenes needed for the show not to feel like a drag. It treats its audience as dumb by giving too much exposition that is sadly confused with character development. Once the main plot points are explained, the show loses its edge and unless you are totally immersed with the characters, you are getting ready for a lullaby of sorts.

• Feb 16, 2020

I dont understand why people are giving it low rates...

I dont understand why people are giving it low rates...