Fireproof - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fireproof Reviews

September 21, 2016
This was good, umm... hmm...
September 19, 2016
Excellent movie on unconditional love!
½ July 11, 2016
Oh my goodness......absolutely amazing! Great movie! Ok i admit they're not all great actors and there was one silly/pointless scene but other than that IT WAS GREAT! Kirk Cameron did an awesome job.
½ July 10, 2016
3.1/10
A very good message in the story wasn't enough to cover up the horrible acting and irritating decisions of some characters. It feels very much like a TV movie on the Hallmark channel. Not the worst movie ever, but not even close to the best.
½ May 26, 2016
Some of the most campy, cringe-inducing acting out there, but an undeniably sweet story.
½ April 12, 2016
It was good for a Christian film. Pretty blatant and heavy handed but not terrible. The acting was subpar (or worse), the jokes weren't funny, and the cliche's kept coming. The whole movie was mostly 1 dimensional. Buuut it did make me feel in a couple places I will admit. It wasn't thaaaat bad. 5.5/10
½ March 20, 2016
Le doy la puntuación que le di, fue por la sencilla razón de que las películas cristianas no se deben medir con las mismas reglas que las otras películas ya que lo mas interesante de estas son el mensaje que quiere proyectar a la audiencia.
½ March 16, 2016
Maybe not the best Christian movie out there, but at least Kirk Cameron delivered the best performance of his career. The relationships that Caleb has with his firemen, his wife, and his parents are pretty believable despite the fact that they have southern accents and he doesn't. There's a deleted scene where it shows Caleb in shock after saving a little girl and it was convincing. They should've kept that scene in. They should've left out the scenes that had nothing to do with the main story and casted a few better actors. Then it would've been better.
½ February 2, 2016
I obviously don't belong to the target audience of this moralist, pro-marriage piece of Christian propaganda, but nothing can excuse it for being so awfully schmaltzy, predictable, sexist and poorly made, preaching to the converted and making everyone else cringe in pain.
December 29, 2015
BEST MOVIE EVER OF All TIME!!!!!! Kirk Cameron and and all the other lovely actors and actresses did such amazing job.
October 15, 2015
Not my favorite of the Kendrick brothers movies, but I still enjoyed it as well as its message.
October 10, 2015
This is a awesome movie I love it
September 2, 2015
A wonderful, heart-warming movie that uplifts marriage and emphasizes how it's not always easy to make it work. Kirk Cameron's character goes through a 40-day journey to win back the heart of his wife. There are comical moments and good, Christian themes. The movie does not artificially introduce Christian messages but rather includes the message of Christ's love very naturally as part of the story and part of Cameron's character's journey. In a culture where we often don't want to take the hard way, this movie is a positive counterpoint.
½ August 26, 2015
This movie was just terrible. I was really rooting for the fire the entire time.
August 26, 2015
When I first watched this on TV I didn't have a wife, and still don't, but it made me realize how important marriage, honor, and loving God is.
August 4, 2015
Great movie with a positive message about marriage and jesus christ
½ June 15, 2015
good concept, done poorly. it actually had the potential to be a great film. some of the characters were interesting. however, the writing is poor.
½ May 25, 2015
Horrible film for Christians and Atheists. Regardless of religion, you will see past the idiocy throughout this film. Horrible characters, silly acting, and screwed up morals. Really, Really bad.
May 16, 2015
Although I appreciate Kirk Cameron's efforts to help families with values, this movie was not well-done, overall. Sure, for the Christian community, people loved it. However, it proved to be a typical faith-based movie of its time. Cameron's acting and a select few others was good, but most of the acting was downright horrible! C'mon guys, better casting and better directing could have solved that problem. Additionally, although there was some pretty funny stuff in it, there was way too much cheesiness. The faith element overreached as well. If the movie is designed to only play in churches, fine, but subtleties might prove more effective when you're aiming at such a wide audience. I would have preferred to give this a better rating, but it just wasn't near the quality it could have and should have been.
May 12, 2015
Pretty good flick for a bunch of no-name actors. There was an emotional response, so I gave it an extra star than I otherwise may have. Some items were a little too convenient, there home in the suburbs happens to be built on an old Christian Summer camp so that they have a large standing cross in the back yard? That doesn't seem possible, particularly when you look at the front yard. But it's worth watching this film on saving an marriage that is bound for the toilets, no matter your faith or marital status, I think you'll get something out of this.